1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Ask me anything about the Motorola DROID MAXX!

1. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

No. The gesture will open the stock camera only.
  2. goclairego

goclairego New Member

Thanks for the info! I was about to go crazy looking for the feature.
    Maybe I misread all of the buzz about the app. But, I swear they said the Droid Command Center displays notifications for text messages and phone calls.

"It starts with DROID Command Center, an exclusive homescreen widget for users to easily access notifications for text messages, missed calls, battery level and weather."

DROID ULTRA - DROID MAXX
  3. LizMac

LizMac Well-Known Member

Don't bother with Sync.me, imo, Ubersync worked well.
    doogald likes this.
  4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

As far as I can tell if you look at the link I posted above there is nothing regarding texts or missed call notifications. Sorry :(
  5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I never saw that page before. I just tested the widget by sending myself a text. I didn't see any way to access that notification from the widget. That's either a typo, wrong info, or perhaps it was functionality that we removed from the widget when the phone was released.

But - if you figure this out, reply and let us know; I'd love to see what I missed!
  6. sybyl

sybyl New Member

Droid Command Center and blue tooth incompatibility issue. Three trips to the car dealership and a second Droid Maxx--blue tooth issues were "fixed" by disabling the Droid Command Center widget. The Command Center kept turning blue tooth off in my car.
    doogald likes this.
  7. mishotgun

mishotgun Member

What is the best miracast adapter for the Maxx?
  8. NewArtDroid

NewArtDroid Well-Known Member

Is there a micro HDMI cable like was on Droid Bionic?
  9. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

The ONLY external connection is a USB port. There is no HDMI.

... Thom
  10. NewArtDroid

NewArtDroid Well-Known Member

Do you know why they stopped putting HDMI ports? Bionic has it, I don't know about RAZR.
  11. LizMac

LizMac Well-Known Member

My razr had one but I might have used it once, maybe. They expect everyone to be wi-fi at this point and it's a way to save money I'm sure.
  12. Thom

Alternate technologies.

There is also no SD-ext card. For $15 you can get a card reader (read wrote) that plugs into the USB port and access an SD-ext card.

I think they are reducing the number of case openings and making it more water-friendly.

... Thom
  13. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

We can all speculate for reasons. The old phones that had hdmi ports were TI OMAP phones; the new droids are snapdragons. Google now owns Motorola, and Google tends to be data driven. I suspect that they measured the number of people who cared about hdmi out and found that there just not enough people who care to make the device more popular and profitable to be worth the effort. Recently it seems that wireless technologies are winning out over wired, and that just makes more sense with mobile anyway.

That's my guess. The old Motorola was doing so poorly that they had to sell the company. I wouldn't expect the Google managers of the new Motorola to continue forward with any but the most successful parts of the Motorola legacy.
  14. jaysacks

jaysacks Member

I have made some administrative changes that have blocked my ability to select "none" as a lockscreen option. I was playing around with setting up a hot spot and did something. Have undone all that and checked vpn for changes, but cannot find what I have done.
    Would really just like to be able to select none or swipe screen as an unlock option again.
    Don't want to factory reset if possible.
    Oh...and it is my wife's Droid Maxx!

Update.
    Chose the nuclear option and did a factory reset.
    I think the culprit was foxfi. It appears that it had required a lockscreen and I must have fatfingered something. Be careful.
  15. mrdrh99

mrdrh99 Well-Known Member

If you miss the HDMI (I never used it on my bionic or RAZR HD) Google chromecast is a nice alternative. We use it all the time! I know the picture quality isn't as good but it isn't bad either
  16. berniebbb

berniebbb Member

how do I set up LED notifications
    thanks
  17. berniebbb

berniebbb Member

in droid bionic I can set screen on when charging or docking, so I can use it as my bedside night light.
    Is there anyway to do in droid maxx ?
    thanks
  18. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

You can't. There are no LED notifications - just the active notifications that show in the center of the display.

You probably want daydream mode. Settings-Display, look for Daydream.
  19. Leatah

Leatah New Member

How can you make different photo files or albums in the gallery? Please help, I have looked everywhere for answers for this.:confused:
  20. mulliganlester

mulliganlester New Member

Try this one. A month ago my phone started calling me josh. Josh is not my name. How do I get it calling me the correct name again?
  21. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Your wife/girlfriend never borrows your phone do they? ;)
  22. mulliganlester

Ha! No. No one touched my phone.
  23. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

In the People app, at the top, what is the name of the "ME" contact? I think that's what's used for this.
  24. Thom

I can not find a way to change it.

... Thom
  25. mulliganlester

Good call. It does say josh. How do I change it?