Ask me anything about the Motorola DROID MAXX!General

Last Updated:

1. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'm just guessing, because I haven't this problem, but I'd try logging out of Google+ on the phone, then log back in. Short of that, open the contact, hit the menu control, and edit the contact.

Advertisement
  2. mulliganlester

mulliganlester New Member

Thank you. Somehow the name josh replaced my name in the people app. It did not change contact info or anything else. I changed my name back, and now my phone calls me the correct name again. Thanks for your help.
    doogald likes this.
  3. jfriend33

jfriend33 Well-Known Member

Anyone having an issue when using Chrome and you click back sometimes it wont go back? And also if I try to back up to Google search I have to hit my back key at least 5 times and fast?
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

That probably has to do with following a short link that opens another site. You hit back and that opens the short link which opens the same site you were on again.
  5. NewArtDroid

NewArtDroid Well-Known Member

Where is the File Manager?
  6. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

7. tweak4

tweak4 Well-Known Member

Astro File Manager is another super popular one, though my personal favorite for about as long as I can remember has been Solid Explorer- I LOVE the two pane approach it uses, plus it integrates a number of cloud storage services and can read Windows shared folders/SMB and a ton of other network options
  8. NewArtDroid

How do I get the camera to save the GPS location of the picture?
  9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

While in the camera app, slide from the left edge to the right to open the settings. The location setting is the one that looks like a Google maps pin point.
    Whatstreet likes this.
  10. NewArtDroid

11. NewArtDroid

I'm not sure I saw the location setting on my camera settings. Here is a screen shot.

Attached Files:

12. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

The "wheel" rotates. Touch it and rotate up all the way. The icon is the third one from the bottom.

... Thom
    Whatstreet likes this.
  13. NewArtDroid

Got it. Thank you.
  14. dhbuckley

dhbuckley Well-Known Member

Hey, did you ever get an answer to this re switching stock camera app?
  15. jschlis

jschlis Active Member

Is there a pocket mode setting using the proximity sensor. I would like the phone screen to go off when it is in my pocket and also facing down.

Thanks.
  16. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

It does not under Kit Kat or Jelly Bean when using Nova Launcher Prime.

I wrote a Tasker profile that shuts it off after 7 seconds (the fastest time it allows) and when you remove it from your pocket it will display the Active Display.

... Thom
  17. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

There is a proximity sensor in the upper left of the display. There is no setting for turning off the display when it is covered, but it seems to. There was a thread about that in the last 10 days or so. Cover the sensor with your hand and the display will shut off.

Also, the active display will stop showing when the phone is pocketed or upside-down, or so it has been reported. I do know that you can show active display by placing the phone face down and the turning it over - active display will flash almost right away, at least in my experience.
  18. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

Clarification ... response was Jelly Bean ... this changed (partially) with Kit Kat ...

If I use the default launcher under Kit Kat the home screen will fade if the proximity sensor is covered. (5-7 second delay)

If I use Boat Browser or Chrome under the default launcher under Kit Kat the screen does not fade if the proximity sensor is covered.

If I use Nova Launcher Prime (my preferred launcher) under Kit Kat the home screen does not fade if the proximity sensor is covered.

If I use the default launcher or Nova Launcher Prime under Kit Kat with the Tasker profile I wrote the home screen, Boat Browser screen, and Chrome screen fades after 7 seconds if the proximity sensor is covered. If there us a response to a touchless command while in your pocket the screen will egnite and then fader again in 7 seconds.

So ... under Kit Kat turning off the screen is supported some of the time under the default launcher and all the time with the Tasker profile I wrote.

The Active Display turns off when in your pocket. When the phone is removed from your pocket the Active Display will ignite.

... Thom
  19. jschlis

jschlis Active Member

Thanks Thom,

I am running JB with Nove Prime. I have tried Tasker on two phones but still not been able to grasp its functionality. Can you share the tasker profile?
  20. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

Pretty straight forward ...

Profile: tlaPocket
    State: Proximity Sensor
    Enter: Anon
    A1: Variable Set [ Name:%DTOUT_Pocket To:%DTOUT Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A2: Display Timeout [ Secs:7 Mins:0 Hours:0 ]
    Exit: Anon
    A1: Display Timeout [ Secs:%DTOUT_Pocket Mins:0 Hours:0 ]

If the sensor is covered it saves timeout value in DTOUT_Pocket and sets the timeout to 7 seconds (the smallest amount acceptable).

If the sensor is uncovered it restores the saved timeout value from DTOUT_Pocket.

... Thom
  21. jschlis

jschlis Active Member

Thanks for the help...Much Appreciated
  22. yamamonster600

yamamonster600 Well-Known Member

am i missing something, why is my phone not playing notification sounds while i am in a call?
    also is there a way to make active notifications play a reminder tone for notifications?
  23. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yes, people have reported that. It seems to be designed behavior.

No, Active notifications do not make sounds. You need to set sound and vibration settings at the application level.
  24. NewArtDroid

How do I get my homescreen to go into landscape mode?

How do I get into vehicle mode, if there is even one?
  25. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

Landscape Home screen ... use Nova Launcher Prime ... it is THE reason I tried it in the first place.

... Thom