• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ask me anything about the Motorola DROID Ultra!

I hope you can get it working. (For the future, I use an app called SMS Backup+ which automatically copies all text messages, sent and received, to a folder on your GMail account. And, of course, either Google+ or Dropbox can upload photos automatically after you take them.)

Have you tried simply long-pressing the power key for, say, about thirty seconds?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to name a group that you text frequently so that you don't have to put all their names on the "to" line every time they want to send a text to those people? I just want to be able to click on "to" and type in group and all the people in the group would be there so I can text them. Its more for convenient than anything else but I get frustrated when I have to type in all their names when I want to send them a text. Thanks in advance.
If you install LINE app and everybody else you want to connect does the same, you can create a group, name it, and send ONE message to everyone! :)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.naver.line.android

Upvote 0
Okay so my screen keeps moving as if I'm swiping but I'm not. Its even doing it as I type this. Its not refreshing or changing but it is moving. I've already powered it off and on multiple times but to no avail...it try ed to update today but I set the reminder for later tonight...is that the problem? If so how do I apply the update now instead of waiting?

Upvote 0
I have had my Ultra for about 10 months now and has performed great. Switched it from a Verizon SIM to an AT&T StraightTalk Sim about 3 months ago with no problems. Out of nowhere about a week ago, I noticed my WiFi kept turning itself on. I almost NEVER use WiFi as I don't have access at home or work. I will shut it off then maybe 1 min or 1 hour (normally about 2-10 mins later) it will turn itself on. I have EVERY box unchecked in WiFi menu as I always have, and even removed the widget just in case but it still happens. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
I can't think of anything else. Maybe the setting in settings / wifi - "Show WiFi pop-up" - but I can't believe that's in effect with the radio off.

Do you use the Assist app for driving detection? I wonder if changing settings / location / mode to "device only" will prevent the phone from turning on the WiFi radio? I ask about Assist because, unfortunately, it will throw an error when you have that setting set to "device only" for some reason that I don't understand - apparently the Motorola Modality service requires it be set to "High accuracy", or so somebody once reported.

At the very worst I almost wonder if you use the Tasker app to do a simple turn off WiFi when it detects the radio on? But I wonder if that will impact performance or battery life if it goes into a constant loop of on/off?

Good luck - I hope that you figure it out...

Upvote 0
As per my official DROID Ultra review on Phandroid.com, anyone curious about anything in regards to the DROID Ultra can ask here, and their question shall be answered. Don't be shy!
I have been trying to charge my phone but it wont charge and if it does it will only get to about 3 -6 percent charge and will die right after I take it off the charger what is wrong with it?

Upvote 0
I have been trying to charge my phone but it wont charge and if it does it will only get to about 3 -6 percent charge and will die right after I take it off the charger what is wrong with it?
The most likely causes would be a bad charger, a bad battery or a bad charge port.
If it's dying right away, even at 3-6%, I'd put my money on a bad battery.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
Just last night I started noticing issues with my WiFi. It no longer connects to available networks. It still recognizes my home and work networks, just won't connect to them at all. It usually recognizes the networks when in range and automatically connects but now wont even do so if i select them manually. I have rebooted, tried airplane mode on/off, forgot all saved networks and re-entered passwords, and checked the routers/other devices connected to them and everything works. I am often on WiFi so only set up a 1GB data plan and hope to rectify this issue rather quickly. Hope to hear from you soon.

Upvote 0
Just last night I started noticing issues with my WiFi. It no longer connects to available networks. It still recognizes my home and work networks, just won't connect to them at all. It usually recognizes the networks when in range and automatically connects but now wont even do so if i select them manually. I have rebooted, tried airplane mode on/off, forgot all saved networks and re-entered passwords, and checked the routers/other devices connected to them and everything works. I am often on WiFi so only set up a 1GB data plan and hope to rectify this issue rather quickly. Hope to hear from you soon.

Did you install or update any apps just prior to this behavior starting?

Try uninstalling any new apps or apps that you've recently updated and see if wifi starts working again. It could be a conflict with an app.

Upvote 0
I did that as well. Still no luck. I had installed Mcafee Mobile Security 4-5 days ago and read that it had some WiFi issues so adjusted the in-app settings with no result then uninstalled but to no avail. No other apps than that in the last month or so. I am trying to avoid doing a full reset but if that's what needs to happen I can manage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones