• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ask me anything about the Motorola DROID Ultra!

Forget everything I said. I made a typo when reentering the password after forgetting the networks. It was definitely the McAfee app that initiated the problem, and I just made a stupid mistake in trying to correct it. Although it is still weird that I didn't get a "wrong password" message and it instead just saved the network and refused to connect. All is well, thank you for your time. :D

Upvote 0
Under the display settings, the option that says long press task key to access menu.

What in the world does that mean. .

The task key is the third key along the bottom (back, home, task, or multi-task, key.) In many apps, there is what is called an overflow menu, usually shown with three vertical dots, that you can tap to access settings, etc.

Some older apps (designed for versions of Android earlier than 3.0) expect there to be a hardware menu key, which was required for versions of Android up to Gingerbread (version 2.3). Those apps when run on the Ultra will show a large three dot menu control along the bottom of the display.

What "long press task key to access menu" does is allow you to access the menu by long-pressing the task key. It will also remove that large menu control in the bottom of the screen for those older apps that I described in the paragraph above.

Upvote 0
Hi, ever since I got this amazing Droid Ultra, everything has been near to flawless in preformance. The only thing that grinds my gears is this vibration habit the phone has. Anywhere between (example) 8:50-9:10 or any other hour (10 min before and after) my phone will let out a single vibration. Sometimes it will vibrate up to 3 seperate times in this 20 min space at any randomly selected moment in time. I've look at my calander to see if I have some unknown date setting planned and checked into the default clock app but found nothing. Any ideas on finding out what's causeing these?

Upvote 0
As per my official DROID Ultra review on Phandroid.com, anyone curious about anything in regards to the DROID Ultra can ask here, and their question shall be answered. Don't be shy!
my phone will not shut off. i set something wrong, so i tried to fix it. because it wouldn't browse. not i can't turn it off and do factory reset. voice keeps talking and holding my screens

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
... before doing the Factory Data Reset I would try two things ...

(1)

Go to Settings a see if you have a { } Developer options entry right above About phone

If you do ... select it an make sure the switch at the very top is Off.

(2)

If that didn't solve it ...

reload into Safe Mode (disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them)

Press power off
When dialog appears LONG press on Power off
When dialog appears press OK

If the problem stops it is caused by an app that you added.

(3)

If neither solves it ... do the Factory Data Reset.

... Thom

Upvote 0
As per my official DROID Ultra review on Phandroid.com, anyone curious about anything in regards to the DROID Ultra can ask here, and their question shall be answered. Don't be shy!
I have a new 2015 Toyota Highlander. I paired my phones Bluetooth with the car. Everything works fine except messaging. I have gone through all the steps in the car manual and followed them to the tee. In the manual trouble shooting it says I may need to "enable message transfer on my phone(approve message transfer on the phone). I have been searching through my phone and cannot find any such message transfer. Does anyone know where to find message transfer on the droid ultra so I can enable it? Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums.

Whenever a phone gets wet the first thing that runs through each person's mind is ... I wonder if it still works? So they turn it on.

That is the absolute worst thing you can do. That's very likely when the damage occurs.

If your phone ever gets wet ... do not turn it on ... place it in a bowl of dry rice so it is totally covered for about three days to absorb the moisture and then turn it on.

My guess is that you are going to take yours in for repair.

... Thom

Upvote 0
I have a droid ultra, somehow Google play was deleted from my phone, then mysertiously came back. But now when I try to download any app, it will say it's installing but never does. I've had this problem for a long time and still can't figure out how to fix it without going back to factory settings and I really want to avoid that. Please help!! Thanks

Upvote 0
I have a droid ultra, somehow Google play was deleted from my phone, then mysertiously came back. But now when I try to download any app, it will say it's installing but never does. I've had this problem for a long time and still can't figure out how to fix it without going back to factory settings and I really want to avoid that. Please help!! Thanks
I think the first thing I would try is this:

Settings / apps. Find "Google Play Store" in the list, tap it, and then tap the button "clear data" (you may need to wait for it to refresh). Try going back into the play store and see if that fixes the problem.

If that still doesn't help, go back to the same place (settings / apps / google play store) and tap the button "uninstall updates". The next time you go into the play store it will update itself to the latest version. Again, test it to see if it now works.

Good luck.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones