Ask me anything about the Nexus 5General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiwiBri

KiwiBri New Member

No worries, how do you find the camera?
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid Well-Known Member

Not near as bad as The Verge made it sound - and I normally like The Verge. Android Central's take on it (here) was really good and matches my experience so far. I've owned way too many devices, including the 5/5S, S4, One, G2, and Moto X, and I think the N5's camera is somewhere right in the middle of all of them. It does well in low-light, with little noise, even compared to the One and X. The lack of noise is actually quite impressive and even better than the iPhone 5. It's not as fast as the 5S, but isn't near as slow as The Verge made it sound. I've found it to auto-focus quick, and once it focuses, the shutter is almost instant. Overall it's faster than the S4 and Moto X, but not as fast as the 5/5S/One. Flash shots are the only real weak point IMO - way over-exposed. Hopefully they'll fix that with a software tweak, but if you bump exposure down to -1 or -2, flash shots are solid.

Long story short - by far the best Nexus camera to date, and when compared to other top-tier phones, I would say it holds its own and is solid, overall.

A part of the problem with camera reviews is each phone's camera software is different - so if you're not used to one, it could feel really off until you get used to "the feel" of it, if that makes any sense.
    NYCHitman1, amarie82, Gatman and 2 others like this.
  3. twflys

twflys Well-Known Member

You know... If you say you are going to do something, you should do it, otherwise don't say you will. There have been several questions posted that were not redundant questions, or questions answered in previous replies.. Seems that you have chosen to cherry pick the questions YOU want to answer. That's pretty lame. Just sayin'.
  4. swerver32

swerver32 Well-Known Member

5. jntdroid

jntdroid Well-Known Member

That's the trade-off you get with a Nexus device. It's not going to have the bells & whistles that OEMs add, such as that. But a lot of times there are apps to accomplish them - for better or worse!
  6. swerver32

swerver32 Well-Known Member

What about contact pictures. Does it really not pick them up from facebook?
  7. danmdan

danmdan Member

How does one delete photos in the "Auto Backup" section of the "Gallery" ?

I seem to have 3 sections there - Camera, Auto_Backup, and Profile_Photos. - and now have 6 photos unwanted in the section headed "Auto Backup"

:confused:
  8. captain_hug99

captain_hug99 Member

What seems to be the best/worst cases so far. I keep hearing about a case that is tight on the power button.
  9. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Spigen slimarmor.

Mines super tight, so much that it keeps rebooting. Hopefully a replacement will fix it
  10. amarie82

amarie82 Guides Guide

That is thru Google + picasa. Just go to photos in Google+ and delete what you need to.
  11. rimidalvr1966

rimidalvr1966 Member

Hello,
    How to disable/uninstall Gmail app in nexus 5?
    Thank you.
  12. twflys

twflys Well-Known Member

Bump!
  13. Rxpert83

Do you have any particular question you'd like answered?
    mrdeucie likes this.
  14. danmdan

danmdan Member

I have tried every bit of advice I can find on-line for several hours tonight - but like perambulating zombies - the offending photos just keep on being there. So far I just can not get rid of them.

A bit more detail of the removal process would help a very new owner of a Nexus 5 and 7, both affected by this photo plague !

(Specifically it is photos in the "Auto Backup" album of the "Gallery" I'm referring to.)
    :confused:
  15. amarie82

amarie82 Guides Guide

You can't uninstall, but to disable you go to application (manager) in the main settings, select app and disable.
  16. stevieboyy

stevieboyy New Member

Is there an orientation (rotation) quick setting toggle?
  17. Rockinfigs

Rockinfigs Well-Known Member

does google wallet work on att network?
  18. Rxpert83

Yes, carriers now have no control over the wallet app
  19. Rxpert83

Not on the stock ROM in the tile section of the quicksettings, but that's easily achievable with root if you do that
  20. amarie82

amarie82 Guides Guide

Hit you in a pm I have a gnex and very familiar with instant upload nexus devices have instant upload to picasa which has been Integrated with Google +. I use the picasa mobile app to delete photos from the auto back up folder in my gallery. Also in theory you should be able to delete on Google + there have been times I have deleted there and its still in the auto back up so I go thru picasa app
  21. reddshift69

reddshift69 Member

Can you search straight from the home screen, or when the screen is off with the "Ok Google" hotword? Mine only works when I say it after I've opened up the search feature.
  22. IndieDroid

IndieDroid New Member

Does the nexus 5 come with a micro sim card in the box? A T-mobile employee said it should bring one but I'm not so sure about that...:(
  23. havranek1024

havranek1024 New Member

Guys can someone compare the handling of white and black versions? I think black has soft touch on sides, while white has glossy plastic.
    Does it makes a difference in use? Is black more stable in hand?
  24. nakmario

nakmario Member

Sync: you should have your People and other Google (calendar, books, phone numbers) sync'd from your N4 since those Google services are designed to be syncd. For 3rd party stuff (like evernote) it's tricker and depends on how those apps are designed but i believe the bigger developers do design for your stuff to be sync'd.

Apps you've paid for will be download-able in the Play store again. Though note that not 100% of apps have yet been updated to be compatible with N5 but i think the vast majority wont have issues.

shelliewnj likes this.
  25. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I believe there was a disagreement which included this feature between Facebook and Google.

The HaxSync app should help you.
    swerver32 and shelliewnj like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.