1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Asphalt 5 on HTC Hero, should I?

Last Updated:

1. Hyperchild

Hyperchild Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I have a Hero running Android 2.1 and its my understanding that the Hero is considered a "Middle end" Android phone. Anyway, I think Asphalt 5 looks deadly but it says "High end device needed". So it probably won't run very well. But the thing is, Raging Thunder 2 works fine on my phone so I'm not sure.
    Can someone please tell me how well Asphalt 5 works on a HTC Hero?
    Thanks.
    P.S. How much memory does the game take up? I have 90MB of internal memory left.

Advertisement
  2. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Asphalt 5 is a lot harder to run than Raging Thunder 2. It is currently taking up 12.5MB of space in app storage and has like 100MB+ of SD card space taken up.

3. slave1

slave1 Well-Known Member

Can't you get a refund if it doesn't work?

4. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

no, you have to buy it from gameloft's site, which has no refunds and only works on one device. (i.e. if you buy a new phone, have to buy it again).

5. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Asphalt 5 has been on the Android Market for some time now. So yes, you can uninstall and get a refund.

6. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Well-Known Member

However, if you buy it off the market and try to install it, you will end up with Asphalt 3 which can run on the Hero, but Asphalt 5 will not. Read the info on the marketplace before installing, it will explain what I just said to you.

7. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

I think you're referring to the text that says Asphalt 5 is for high end phones while Asphalt 3 is for low end phones. That is just telling users what they should install based on what their phone is to get good performance. It is not saying that you will automatically get one or the other depending on which phone you have when you click install.

8. Drazil

Drazil Well-Known Member

Asphalt 3 sucked so bad on my Hero that I doubt Asphalt 5 would be much better. The controls were so touchy that every turn ended up hitting the wall. I also don't think the Hero has enough power to run Asphalt 5... the only 3D racing game that ran with any fluidness was Raging Thunder 1. Even oc to 691 I am getting little pauses every few seconds in Raging Thunder 2.

9. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member

You DO automatically get one or the other based on your handset. My desire got asphalt 5, my friend who has a samsung spica (or whatever it's called in the UK) downloaded the exact same file from the market and got asphalt 3.

10. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Well-Known Member

This is correct, I did the same thing on my Hero, downloaded what I thought was Asphalt 5 but it ended up being 3 because my phone could not handle 5.

11. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

I think you can get the free trial version I would try that first

12. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

Yeah, each of the games is within the same apk, depending on your phone one or the other will install. There's no way that you can install Asphalt 5 on a Hero without hacking the apk.