• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Assasins Creed: Revelations

Wow, that trailer is excellent! Yes, I'm def looking forward to this game, as it's one of my fav franchises.

Now, when you play the first one, it'll def be like taking a step back. While it's a great story, the game play isn't very dynamic. AC2 def turned this franchise into something great. Brotherhood, however, just seemed like an extension of AC2 (which, technically, it is), and outside of multiplayer, didn't really make any strides forward (just my opinion).

I really don't know why they chose to base 3 games on Ezio (not to mention a PSP version on his father) and only one on Altair. Not that I don't love Ezio's character, but I would really love to see an expansion of Altair's story as he completely revised the Assassin Brotherhood. But seeing as how they presented Altair in this trailer (not to mention the title), I think my wish will be granted.

Also worth noting is that the bad guys seem Asian. It's been speculated that AC3 would be about an Asian assassin, which this would seem to lead up to.

So yes, I'm very excited for this game. With this, Uncharted 3, and Arkham City, should be another great fall for gaming.

Upvote 0
I knoo right, awesome trailer :) the music aswell

Yhh, seeing the gameplay on youtube and my friends telling me that AC is going to feel weird when i play since I started on AC2
The online game play looks great though, they put it because the Templars used a simulation (online mode) to train against the Assassins or something like that

I know exactly what you mean, Altair is just the greatest, if we can play him in Revelations then we'll all be happy

Yhh I noticed that they were somewhat Asian too

Same, cant wait till November, by then i would have finished both AC1 and AC3
I have a feeling that Deus ex Human Revolution is going to be a great game :) finally there are good games we can wait for

Upvote 0
Also worth noting is that the bad guys seem Asian. It's been speculated that AC3 would be about an Asian assassin, which this would seem to lead up to. .
Its set in Constantinople ain't it? Does it make sense that bad guys are asian? (not that locale means much)
I knoo right, awesome trailer :) the music aswell

Yhh, seeing the gameplay on youtube and my friends telling me that AC is going to feel weird when i play since I started on AC2

Tried to play AC1 but my pc at the time absolutely couldn't handle it. Friend lent me AC2 and i played just enough to get interested before i had to give it back.

What will i be missing/skipping if i forgo brotherhood? Since AC12 is cheap i might go ahead and buy it and give it a go. Dont wanna F the story up but dont wanna have to go through 2 games before this one if I can help it....

Upvote 0
Its set in Constantinople ain't it? Does it make sense that bad guys are asian? (not that locale means much)

I just thought they looked Asian in the trailer. I know the game is based in Constantinople, but I don't suppose it has to end there. I dunno. But I do remember hearing that AC3 (For those who don't know, neither Brotherhood or Revelations is AC3. AC3 will be about a diff character, which we can assume will be during a diff time. They're kinda going the Grand Theft Auto route when it comes to their titles) was speculated to be about an Asian assassin. This was in some forum, I can't remember which.

Tried to play AC1 but my pc at the time absolutely couldn't handle it. Friend lent me AC2 and i played just enough to get interested before i had to give it back.

What will i be missing/skipping if i forgo brotherhood? Since AC12 is cheap i might go ahead and buy it and give it a go. Dont wanna F the story up but dont wanna have to go through 2 games before this one if I can help it....

The main parts you'll miss from AC1 will be Desmond's back story, and also the touchings on Subject 16 (who is the reason for the glyphs you find in AC2 and Brotherhood).

As far as Altair goes, they don't talk all that much about him in the following two games other than to say he's pretty much the father of what the Brotherhood has become. In the first game, the Brotherhood is a much more organized faction. The second game does allude to the changes that take place in the Brotherhood through the codex pages which are written by Altair.

I wouldn't say it's necessary to have needed to play the first one to properly enjoy the story, but it would def help. And if you're a completist, it's essential. Besides, it's been $20 for the longest time now, could probably get a used one even cheaper on eBay.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
So AC3 is not the same as revelations? 3 hasn't been announced yet?

I got through the beginning of one, enough where I kinda got the story. 2 I played right up to when it got good. Parents got locked up and finally got a sword. Still have my saved game on 360 so will probably buy it. Brotherhood came out and I thought it was just dlc or something, if nothing else that's the one I'll skip.

So which game was altair in?

Upvote 0
So AC3 is not the same as revelations? 3 hasn't been announced yet?

I got through the beginning of one, enough where I kinda got the story. 2 I played right up to when it got good. Parents got locked up and finally got a sword. Still have my saved game on 360 so will probably buy it. Brotherhood came out and I thought it was just dlc or something, if nothing else that's the one I'll skip.

So which game was altair in?

Cant wait 2moro im getting brotherhood and AC1, i want brotherhood to see what online is going to be like, i think you should at least give it a go since its the most recent AC game, my friends say its great but i wanna see for myself

Altair was in the first one, but i dont really have much knowledge of the first one since i wasnt an AC fan from the start

Upvote 0
Drooool...

I wonder if Ezio takes on a protege or something in this release...and that protege is who is in AC3?

Edit:

Assassin’s Creed: Revelations trailer finds Desmond trapped inside the Animus

I think Ezio will be a protege, hes goin to raise the brotherhood of assassins, but this is just my opinion.

I started playin AC1 today its kinda annoying that you can't do much at the start compared to Ezio in AC2, well I guess cause I played 2 first i feel this way

The gameplay got even better :D
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-US/home/

Upvote 0
Are you sure NightAngel??
I mean i couldnt skip a part in the story i would always be thinking what happened, thats why i bought AC1 & BrotherHood

Well no, i'm not, lol. Guess it depends on how epic AC2 is... AND how much brotherhood is after i've beat AC2.

(keep in mind i still need to beat uncharted 2 and prototype which i have been 95% on for EVER... AND even games i LOVE i wait forever to buy. By the time i bought ME2 it was only 40 bucks, lol)

Upvote 0
So I think I will buy AC2 and just skip brotherhood....

Well, you would need to play AC2 first, anyway.

I suppose it depends on the type of gamer you are, whether you're strictly about playing the games or if you care about the story. I can't say gameplay advances all that much in Brotherhood from AC2. The only major diff is multiplayer.

But if you do find yourself immersed in a story, then I dare you to finish AC2 and not want to play the next game in the series. Keep us updated, curious to see what you think of it.

Upvote 0
Well, you would need to play AC2 first, anyway.

I suppose it depends on the type of gamer you are, whether you're strictly about playing the games or if you care about the story. I can't say gameplay advances all that much in Brotherhood from AC2. The only major diff is multiplayer.

But if you do find yourself immersed in a story, then I dare you to finish AC2 and not want to play the next game in the series. Keep us updated, curious to see what you think of it.

First see my reply above, lol (posted same time as you)

Second, I'm ALL about the story, could care less about gameplay (unless it REALLY needs it)

And i will report back, was gonna start a AC thread anyway cause I been meaning to buy AC2 after the tease i got. Hardly have time to play these days though

Upvote 0
Well no, i'm not, lol. Guess it depends on how epic AC2 is... AND how much brotherhood is after i've beat AC2.

(keep in mind i still need to beat uncharted 2 and prototype which i have been 95% on for EVER... AND even games i LOVE i wait forever to buy. By the time i bought ME2 it was only 40 bucks, lol)

Oooh ok, thats alright then :) depends where you purchase your came from, when i got AC1 and Brotherhood, originally the guy gave me Brotherhood for

Upvote 0
So I think I will buy AC2 and just skip brotherhood....

Get them both.

Seriously, they are both immense. Get Brotherhood even just for the serious WTF moment at the end.

Gameplay both games are brilliant, but brotherhood takes it up a tiny notch and adds a touch more polish. The story is so outstanding too. The AC franchise is easily in my top 3 gaming franchises of all time.

Upvote 0
Get them both.

Seriously, they are both immense. Get Brotherhood even just for the serious WTF moment at the end.

Gameplay both games are brilliant, but brotherhood takes it up a tiny notch and adds a touch more polish. The story is so outstanding too. The AC franchise is easily in my top 3 gaming franchises of all time.

Probably will have to do that. Need to buy 2 first though i guess. (trying to play galaxies [mmo] again but just cant get into it, maybe start infamous to tide me over till i score AC2)

Upvote 0
Oh man, NA, you've got your hands full. You've got to choose to play UC2, AC2, and inFamous? We're talking some of the best stories and most immersing games PS3, and gaming as a whole, has to offer. If you have certain games in your possession, def play those first.

And hell, make a thread for each one. I need something to talk about until UC3 drops. lol

Upvote 0
I started playing AC with Brotherhood, I used Wikipedia to catch up on the story. I can't wait for the release. Revelations seems like another amazing game.

Currently im playing Dead Nation, Infamous 1, AC1, but AC1 i mainly play I just love Assassins Creed.

But Gav you may at a point want to consider actually playing either AC1 or AC2 just so you can actually see what happens, you'll get a better understanding from the Animus to the Templars

Upvote 0
Currently im playing Dead Nation, Infamous 1, AC1, but AC1 i mainly play I just love Assassins Creed.

But Gav you may at a point want to consider actually playing either AC1 or AC2 just so you can actually see what happens, you'll get a better understanding from the Animus to the Templars

Maybe I will, I have plenty of time before the release.

I am kinda a graphics whore, but I'll close my eyes an enjoy the story :cool:

Upvote 0
Oh man, NA, you've got your hands full. You've got to choose to play UC2, AC2, and inFamous? We're talking some of the best stories and most immersing games PS3, and gaming as a whole, has to offer. If you have certain games in your possession, def play those first.

And hell, make a thread for each one. I need something to talk about until UC3 drops. lol

I will!! Infamous is the free 'welcome' one and i haven't started it yet. UC2 (AWESOME!!) I'm 95% complete so just another hour max and i'll be jonesin for deception. Will probably get AC2 for the 360 though....

Upvote 0
Maybe I will, I have plenty of time before the release.

I am kinda a graphics whore, but I'll close my eyes an enjoy the story :cool:

Oooh i see, my friend's kinda like that lool
Yh i finished playing AC2 like a month and a bit ago, decided to play the whole franchise, ive got time to play AC1 as well as Brotherhood before Revelations comes. Then again ive got other games to juggle :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones