Assign default action to contact in Favorites?Support

Last Updated:

1. keblawben

keblawben Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Would appreciate some help please. The question has been asked, but as far as I can see from searches has not been answered.

I have contacts in my Favorites and they appear OK in the widget.

How do I assign the default action that occurs when I press the icon. eg. dial the mobile number, or home phone, when both numbers are recorded in the contact? I know that I can press and hold the people entry for options, but I am looking for a one push option.

I've learned so much from this forum in the last couple of days and my phone is looking fantastic thanks to everyone's help. Thanks!!

Laurie

Advertisement
  2. mikebell

mikebell Well-Known Member

From memory, HTC's official answer to this is a kludge. You have to remove the person from the Favourites widget, then add them back again in order to choose the default action. One of those small and niggly 'features'.

3. PKUmom

PKUmom New Member

just got the phone and was seriously annoyed by this "feature" and played with it for what seemed like forever to figure out how to change default but I got it :D

For anyone wondering... when at your favs, select the "3 lines" then choose the person u want to edit so it brings up their details, then hit your "menu" button and click on "more" and select "set widget action" then select which option u want as default! VOILA

funf and Orschild like this.
  4. Orschild

Orschild New Member

PKUmom, thank you! I have been trying for what feels like forever to find that.

5. funf

funf New Member

PKUmom you're a genius !!! Thank you so much, I would have never figured it out.

I was just about to sign it to one more android bug :)

6. andreashcy

andreashcy New Member

i have set up the default action in some cotacts but still when i click on their picture in the favorites it doesnt work. it just takes me to their contact details.... its driving me crazy (htc desire 300)