Assign Specific Text Notifications for Particular ContactsGeneral

1. mss12

mss12 Well-Known Member

Is this possible to do? I see where I can have seperate ringtones for each contact but what about different text notification sounds for different contacts?

Advertisement
  2. moonsbabe

moonsbabe Well-Known Member

No one answered this question... I have my text alert set to "Droid" when texts come in. But it says this for all of them. I was wondering if there is a way to assign different sounds to different contacts. Would love to know before I look who it is according to the sound it makes. Help!!
  3. swe3t23

swe3t23 Well-Known Member

as far as i know you can't assign different notifications sounds for different people just ringtones.
  4. TJ009

TJ009 Active Member

I also would like to do this and for the life of me I can't figure out how or find an app that does this. I would also like to be able to silence the ringtone if need be. For example if I am at work and someone starts talking to me and I get a text I would like to simply press a button or touch the screen and it stop automatically (like my bberry did). THe only thing I have found to do is to take my phone out and unlock it for it to stop. By then its too late and I feel like I am being rude with my phone going off. LOL
  5. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

ChompSMS

or

Handcent SMS