Assigning a Ringtone to a ContactSupport

Last Updated:

1. GreatBigDave

GreatBigDave Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Folks,

Perhaps I'm a moron today (don't answer that). But I've been trying to assign an individual ringtone to my wife's number (she doesn't care for "Secret Prayer" by Joe Satriani, suggested something by ABBA, and is lucky she isn't getting "Scolding Wife" by Great Big Sea) but I haven't had any luck. Is this a Captivate thing? The other android phones seem to be easy enough.

Thanks in advance for any help I get.

Advertisement
  2. PhoneMatt

PhoneMatt Well-Known Member

Hey, Dave, you can only do this to a contact saved to your phone. First thing to do is copy the contact from your Sim card to your phone. Once you do that, you can edit the contact, add a specific ringtone and even add a picture of the contact, which will show when they call. It really is a fairly easy thing to do. I use "Little Bitty Pretty One" for my other half and "The Bitch is Back" for my boss. (Yes, she has heard it ring, but she hasn't caught on yet. She thinks that it's "fun" that I gave her an Elton John ringtone.)
    Check out the FAQ. It's got a lot of great information.

Matt

GreatBigDave likes this.
  3. GreatBigDave

GreatBigDave Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the tip. I could have sworn when I got my Cappy the AT&T guy copied all the contacts on my sim to the phone memory, but I'll check it up. Then to find the right ringtone. Perhaps in the name of marital harmony I'll pick a song she likes (but asbolutely, positively NOT ABBA, even though "Dancing Queen" is everybody's closet favorite song).

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member