• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

assigning ringtones

hi everybody. since i root my Hero I'm facing with a many problems: one is I can't assign ring tones to my contacts. i was trying any ring tone from my music, from zedge download, but useless. in contact details is showing the chosen ring tone, but when is calling it will ring default! any advices? does somebody facing with this problem?

Hi I tried all solutions nothing worked for me assigning a particular ringtone for my contact in my HTC HERO. I like to organized everything and I organized my contacts by group (family, co-workers, friends, etc).
I found out that when contacts are not classified by group it takes the default ringtone, no matter if you see the ringtone assigned in the contact information. But when you classified that contact by group and assigned the ringtone it recognized the particular ringtone. It really works.
First you have to choose the song and save it as a phone ringtone, not as a contact ringtone. Then when you have already assigned your contact to a group you are going to edit your contact information assigning the ringtone. I hope it will work for you. Please let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones