1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

AssistGeneral

1. gb4d

gb4d New Member

Is your Motorola assist meeting silence working with meetings coming from exchange

Advertisement
    :
  2. blackwizard

blackwizard Active Member

haven't tried that out yet, but i know assist does not work for me while driving
  3. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

I'm not real sure what it's supposed to do when I'm driving but it does recognize when I'm in a car and it asks when texts come in if I want them read aloud.
  4. blackwizard

i never could get mine to do that. neither on an incoming call nor an incoming text. they just arrived as usual.
  5. davpel

davpel Member

Just wondering if you are connected to your car via BT. That's my situation, and I can't get car Assist to work at all (other than the Maxx sensing I'm driving).
  6. blackwizard

nope. my car doesn't have bluetooth capabilities. never even turned on bluetooth on my phone.
  7. CKwik240

CKwik240 Well-Known Member

Just had a look at this on a Mini. It doesn't appear to be as flexible or useful as Smart Actions. On my bionic, I have it turning off the volume during work hours and launching Pandora automatically when its in the navigation dock and connected to my car's BT. Smart actions is available on the play store yet it says its incompatible with the Mini. I suspect it will be with the Maxx as well. I can appreciate what Assist is trying, but it needs to allow for some tweaking by the user to their specific needs.
  8. Cincybearcatfan

I would love for Assist to auto launch Waze anytime it senses that I'm in my car driving. Anyone know of a way to make that happen?
  9. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

The car thing works for me, the overnight silence thing doesn't. Which you'd think would be easy. If I get texts or email, it still dings.
  10. Cincybearcatfan

Sleeping Mode works well for me. Driving and Sleeping actually both work for me with no issues (that I have encountered yet).
  11. Outatime

Now that's just funny.
    dantheman7 and Cincybearcatfan like this.
  12. Cincybearcatfan

13. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Well-Known Member

Sleep works for me fine. I can't get text messages to read in the car but it does announce calls. I use Handcent so dont know if that makes a difference. My exchange appointments dont silence the phone either for meetings =(
  14. CKwik240

Just adding a new observation. My GF has the Mini. We got her car dock a couple of weeks ago. Set her up and everything works. Today, we got in my car and as we were driving away from our home, her Pandora launched. Apparently, it thought she was driving. This didn't happen before because we usually took her car for errands (Chevy Volt). Tonight, we took my car because the Volt battery was depleted. I haven't run into that problem on my phone, but I have the driving part turned off because it has been so frustrating. Assist is an utter failure. Bring back Smart Actions Moogle.
  15. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It makes sense that it thought she was driving, as she was moving at the speed a car usually does.

Driving mode of the assist app is one of the fixes named in the Moto X update that was sent by OTA to T-Mobile and Sprint Moto X phones. That fix is coming. I'm willing to bet that SmartActions is not.
  16. 18t

18t Well-Known Member

i noticed this also, so i fixed it by turning off GPS until i open gMaps or connect to bluetooth in my truck. through tasker of course.
  17. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

One other thing: if you are a passenger you can pull down the notifications and there will be an option that says "I'm not driving" to make it jump back out of driving assist mode.
  18. CKwik240

I certainly understand why it is happening. The trigger they decided on has obvious limitations. Perhaps there are more variables it looks at and may even get it right at some point. But these are growing pains I just don't have time for. I want a system that just works. Smart Actions just worked for me and my GF. She tried Llama and didn't care for it. I tried the Tasker free trial and found it didn't work. I'm sure there is a learning curve, but given its a paid app, I'll wait to see what happens.

While I appreciate the attempts to help, its not what I'm looking for actually. I'm just stating my gripes with Assist. Hopefully Google/Motorola listens.
  19. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Well-Known Member Contributor

Perhaps Agent will be of more use to you. It is $1.99, but it seems to be easier than Lllam and Taskr.
    MoPhoMan likes this.
  20. msaunders9430

msaunders9430 Member

I finally got the Meeting feature to work. In setting up my meeting in my calendar, I had to select my Gmail address instead of Device Calendar. The reason for this seems to be because the Device Calendar does not allow you to invite a guest to your meeting. The Device Calendar also does not allow you to be seen as "Busy". I also had to select a guest that was one of my contacts. So, I created a fictitious contact called "Meeting Guest". My fictitious guest had to have an email address. So, I set up a fake email address as well. You could use your own email address, but then Motorola Assist sends you an unnecessary email invitation to your own meeting. Perhaps this is another good way to confirm that the app is working. I set the app to silence my phone by allowing vibrate only. I also set it to auto reply that I was in a meeting.
  21. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The device calendar is pretty useless anyway, as it is not synced and will be lost if you factory reset the phone, etc. By the way, it's not Motorola sending out the meeting invite email - that's a feature of Google calendar.

Anyway, thanks for the update...
  22. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Well-Known Member Contributor

Cincy, try using Condi (previously Mini-Tasker). It has a seeing to launch navigation apps (Waze) automatically when driving.
    doogald likes this.
  23. Cincybearcatfan

I can't figure out why but my phone no longer asks me if I want to reply to text messages audibly. It will announce that I have a new text message, it will ask me to say "listen" if I want to hear it. What used to happen is it would ask me if I would like to reply, listen to my reply and then ask me if I wanted to send it. That no longer happens. Anyone know a fix for this?
  24. Outatime

Hey CBF,

Do you have the "Voice Reply" radio button checked under Driving in Assist?
  25. Cincybearcatfan