1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Associate an email with PC SuiteSupport

1. BlackberrySux

BlackberrySux Well-Known Member

I uninstalled LG PC Suite last night along with a few other programs to do some computer maintenance.

When I first got my phone and installed PC Suite it had asked me for an email account I wanted to associate with PC Sync and of course I gave it my Google email account. Upon reinstalling PC Suite today it will not ask me for my email and after 11 hours of uninstalling/reinstalling, trying different versions and countless calls to LG support (or should I say UNsupport - WOW are they ever useless) They are trying to convince me that there is no way to associate an email with PC Suite BUT IT ASKED ME THE FIRST TIME I EVER INSTALLED IT FOR AN EMAIL ADDRESS.

I want to get my email back into PC Suite but as I say it will not ask for it.

The first picture shows something where it says LG Web accout as option and that was from PC Suite 4.2.???????????? but no matter what I do that version will not detect my phone AT ALL therefore I cannot go any further than step 1.

So I went to LG's site and downloaded their version which is 4.3.46.20111117 and as shown in picture 2 the web account option does not exist so I checked PC Suite for updates and it brought me up to version 4.3.67.20120418 and again the web account option does not exist. Im guessing that is the step that is supposed to ask for the email address.

SO my question is I am wondering how to get back step number 2 AS WELL as get RID of the part that says "LG PC Suite IV does not support synchronization with the Google account. Only Synchronization of the data saved with the mobile phone account is supported" that I have squared off in blue. I had my Gmail connected before and I want it connected again. I want to get rid of that as I don't recall that message being there before the reinstall(s) today

The 3rd picture shows ta message that clearly indicates that an email address can be associated with PC Suite and after reading that message to LG UNsupport countless times they deny knowing anything about that message and tell me that the only thing that can be associated with the Google account is the phone itself through the Accounts and Sync menu on the phone settings. After calling about this all morning 1/2 of them just hang up on me now after claiming there is no way PC Suite cannot be associated with an email. Assholes

So bottom line is does anyone know how I can get my Gmail associated with PC Suite again??

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      23 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      95.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      54.1 KB
      Views:

Advertisement
    :
  2. cjmaniac

cjmaniac Well-Known Member

I fought with mine for a long time. I would save yourself the future trouble and keep all your contacts synced to your gmail account so it is painless to restore if you ever have to wipe your phone or switch to another android device. Forget about this poorly working lg software.
    karendar likes this.