Last Updated:

1. ghamden

ghamden Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Thank you. I used this when it was beta. I assume it is fully available because it let me d/l it. It worked fine then. I'm sure it'll be good, now. Thaks again!

4. BaadAndy

BaadAndy Well-Known Member

Nice post Thanks :)

5. richb82

richb82 Well-Known Member

So in order for this to work, the GPS must be powered on? It doesn't send a signal to the phone to turn it on automatically? I don't know about you guys, but I never turn my GPS on unless I need it on, for obvious battery life reasons. Kinda pointless as a locator if it can't automatically turn the GPS on.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like it can locate without the GPS on as long as you have 3G on, and I'm assuming it'll work with wifi too, I'll check that out when I get home. The 3G wasn't exactly accurate, but it did place my phone within a quarter mile of where I am currently. So not too bad. I'm in a building that GPS can't penetrate so I'll test that accuracy later, but I imagine it's spot on with a good view of the sky.

6. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

I plan to only have the insurance on my phone for the first year or so. A condition of the use of this app is to be a customer. I guess my app is disabled as soon as I stop the service?

7. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

You realize GPS only uses power when an app actually uses it right? The only time GPS sucks down power is when the little satellite icon comes up in the notification bar with the green radio waves moving. Turning GPS 'off' simply prevents apps from using it.

I leave mine on all the time. There's no point toggling to use an app because it uses no power when idle.

8. richb82

richb82 Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware, I thought it was constantly polling and draining the battery. Knowing that, I guess I'll leave it on :)

9. ju1c3

ju1c3 Well-Known Member

the app uses about 10% every hour though. without ever opening it up.

10. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

you have to have the more expensive TEC, Total Equipment Coverage, to use it.

If you have just the basic WPP, Wireless Phone Protection, it's not included.