Astrid is annoying

Last Updated:

1. jimt68

jimt68 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a program that will remind me of ongoing appointments without having to set them up as goals? I dont like having to reset the date in order to get rid of the message "goal overdue".

Advertisement
  2. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean by ongoing appointments but if I'm understanding, I think you can set them up in calendar with reminders.

3. jimt68

Thanks for replying. To be more clear, I am very forgetful. For example, I see patients all day and don't have to worry about missing those appointments (I just sit in my office and they show). But I have a few other ongoing deadlines that I often forget about, such as "turn in my schedule every Wed by 4pm", "turn in my time sheet every other Thurs by 3pm", "staff meeting every Fri at 12pm" and "supervision every Fri at at 3pm". That's all. I would just love to always have those days "remembered" by a program with a reminder bell. I think the app Remind Me Later is great. But it doesn't let you set permament reminders.

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Blasphemy! This is my favorite app :)

Seriously though, why are you resetting the date for repeat tasks? Just check off the task? No?

5. alostpacket

Also, you could set these up as recuring appointments in google calendar and it will remind you in this way.

6. jimt68

In reply to each (above), if I check off the task won't I have to re-enter the task? I would assume that checking off would imply "complete" and if an appointment is a repeating one then "complete" would be arbitrary. As far as google calendar goes, it won't let me set bi-weekly reminders. And when I thought I was entering bi-weekly appts via Astrid and synched with google calendar, the entry appeared twice on my calendar.

7. alostpacket

Checking off in astrid just clears the current task, it will know to refresh if you set it as a repeating task. I just tried this myself on some of my daily tasks.

8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to understand how the stock calendar (Gmail Calendar) won't do this for you. :confused: Please expound.