Astrid warning re Sprint Update: What's it mean?Support

Last Updated:

1. dvdrobinson

dvdrobinson Member This Topic's Starter

Got a Samsung Moment a couple of weeks ago. Last night starting using Astrid (Task/ToDo app), which came pre-installed on my phone.

When I launched Astrid for the first time, I got a warning message -- something about making sure Sprint Update or Sprint Updater doesn't kill Astrid, or ruin it, or something. :eek:

Clearly, I didn't understand the message. But I clicked "Okay" anyway, and started using Astrid.

But I'm worried that a Sprint Update could erase all my Astrid data -- my To Do's. I'm reluctant to create many Astrid tasks until I know how to prevent them from being unexpectedly erased. My questions:

• Can anyone explain the situation to me? (e.g., I have no idea who/when/how/where/what Sprint updates)

• Can anyone explain what I need to do to prevent the catastrophe about which Astrid was warning me? :)
    Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

It was telling you to make sure you didn't have a task killer kill it. You can set task killer apps to kill background processes, which would kill Astrid.

3. dvdrobinson

4. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

Yes, I have TasKiller and you can set anything you want to the "ignore" list. I set things to ignore like Bloo and Digital Clock. And I've still never heard of Astrid. ;)

5. dvdrobinson

Thanks, Jen8112. :)

6. lscotty

lscotty Member

It may have been warning you about the update sprint has out that you have to go into the store to get. When you go in and get the update it erases all programs that you have downloaded. I went and got the update and did not know it deleted everything until they handed me my phone back and everything was gone. At least it saved my contacts and pictures, but I had to go redownload everything I had from the market.