• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Astrid warning re Sprint Update: What's it mean?

Got a Samsung Moment a couple of weeks ago. Last night starting using Astrid (Task/ToDo app), which came pre-installed on my phone.

When I launched Astrid for the first time, I got a warning message -- something about making sure Sprint Update or Sprint Updater doesn't kill Astrid, or ruin it, or something. :eek:

Clearly, I didn't understand the message. But I clicked "Okay" anyway, and started using Astrid.

But I'm worried that a Sprint Update could erase all my Astrid data -- my To Do's. I'm reluctant to create many Astrid tasks until I know how to prevent them from being unexpectedly erased. My questions:

• Can anyone explain the situation to me? (e.g., I have no idea who/when/how/where/what Sprint updates)

• Can anyone explain what I need to do to prevent the catastrophe about which Astrid was warning me? :)
Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones