Astro and Internal MemorySupport

Last Updated:

1. moutaindewdope

moutaindewdope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has any1 been successful in using Astro or any other file manager to move files from the SD Card to the internal Memory located at /EMCC/ ? I've tried a couple times, both moving small amount of files and/or entire folders and got Error messages in Astro. Is this just lack of support or can u really just add files using a Computer to the internal memory?

Advertisement
  2. hupkix

hupkix Active Member

From what i can tell, the internal memory is locked and is view only.

3. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

I just moved a jpg file from my SD card to the "emmc" folder on the phones internal memory using Astro, just fine.

I also use "ES file explorer" to move files wirelessly from my PC to either my SD card or phone memory, often.

Not sure what your problem might be.

4. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

How do you move internal memory stuff like camera Photos to SD

5. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

Yeah , you can move files, well .jpg anyway, I just did using astro from sdcard to emcc

please try it with a non-essential at first, just in case i left a step out

using astro
    tap and hold file, sub menu will pop up>edit >copy (filename will appear in upper task bar)>goto emcc>edit>paste

6. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

Is it actually moving the file, or just copying it and having the file/photo stored on the SD-Card... AND internal memory, or does it REMOVE it from the SD-Card and place it on the internal memory, or Vice-Versa.

7. Itlooksfast

Itlooksfast Well-Known Member

I have been trying to ask this same question. There are roughly 8gb of internal storage for this phone but yet it probably uses like 2gb. So I wanted to move a.k.a save/transfer files from my MicroSD card to the internal storage such as pictures or music files. But I have tried but it would let me do it. Sooo is there a way to do it?

8. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Can you just do this on the computer? When I connect to mine, I get an F: Drive that's the SD Card and a G: Drive that's internal memory.

I deleted some of the stock music and pictures off the G: Drive. I would assume I could just move my music collection there if I wanted.