• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Astro backup / restore question after update to 2.1

I've heard that apps are left in tact when updating to 2.1, so you should be fine.

But in case you did lose them,

As far as I'm aware, Astro doesn't backup the app data, only the app file it's self. So every app will be a fresh install. I'm also not sure if it will restore the market links for each app.

The only apps that backup data + market links are Titanium Backup (requires root access) and MyBackup Pro (a paid app, but does have a 30 day free trial).

If I were you I'd wait until you hear about the 3 2.1 firmware being released, install MyBackup Pro and then update. That way your 30 day trial will cover the whole process.

Upvote 0
When i backed up and then installed from Astro, when i went to the Market it didn't show me any updates so as Xyro has suggested the links between install and Market are broken........takes a long time if you install a lot but worth doing since some apps do vanish, get taken down from the Market and cannot be reinstalled without a backup

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones