• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Astro file manager: Problems with latest releases?

I've used Astro for a while but I've found a big problem with the latest releases (Not quite sure which one introduced the problem).
They seem to be corrupting files that I copy from my NAS drive.

I copied some MP3s from my NAS to my HTC Desire-C. When I played them, they were awful with jumps & crackling all the way through. The files played fine on my PC.

Eventually I noticed that the MD5 fingerprint (Provided by Astro) was different from the MD5 of the source files. The file size was exactly the same.

After deleting the files and then re-copying them using X-Plore file manager, everything was OK.

Any ideas?

I've used Astro for a while but I've found a big problem with the latest releases (Not quite sure which one introduced the problem).
They seem to be corrupting files that I copy from my NAS drive.

I copied some MP3s from my NAS to my HTC Desire-C. When I played them, they were awful with jumps & crackling all the way through. The files played fine on my PC.

Eventually I noticed that the MD5 fingerprint (Provided by Astro) was different from the MD5 of the source files. The file size was exactly the same.

After deleting the files and then re-copying them using X-Plore file manager, everything was OK.

Any ideas?

Try clearing the app cache

Upvote 0
Tried uninstalling & re-installing the app, no difference.
The effect is quite reproducible....
I'm copying an 8.1Mb mp3 file from my NAS to the SD card on my phone.
I've tried it several times, Astro always corrupts the file in the same way (The "new" md5 hash is always the same).
Copying the file back to the NAS seems to be OK (The copied file on the NAS has the "New" MD5).
The file size remains exactly the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones