Astro File Manager update

Last Updated:

1. madhatter1689

madhatter1689 Well-Known Member

Received the latest update today and for some reason the Astro icon in the app drawer said the app wasn't installed. I uninstalled the app and then downloaded it again and it doesn't appear in the app drawer but is listed in My Apps from where I can get into the app which seems to be working well. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Nasalhair

Nasalhair Well-Known Member

No. It's working fine for me. The only thing I had to do was remove the icon I have for it on my homepage as it no longer worked post-update.

Sorry to see Astro now includes a task killer though :-(
  3. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

Had the same problem as madhatter - updated the app and it ran fine from the notification of the install but the shortcut on my home screen wouldn't work, neither would the entry in the All Apps list! Had to uninstall the app and re-install it to fix.

I think the Task Killer section is poorly named. It's simply another way to look at running processes (just like System Panel or Settings->Applications). It's not a traditional "task killer" in that it doesn't try and remove running processes automatically.
  4. RobDickson

RobDickson Well-Known Member

I've got the same problem too. Hopefully uninstalling and installing it will fix the problem, although it didn't for Mad Hatter.

I hope you're right about the task killer.
  5. madhatter1689

All is working fine now. I see there was another update since I posted.
  6. RobDickson

I skipped the first update. I'll try un-installing now.
  7. RobDickson

All working OK now. Thanks.
  8. madhatter1689

Good to hear.
  9. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

I also had trouble launching the app after the update. I simply uninstalled and reinstalled the app to be on the safe side.

Good to see another Luton fan on the forums too!
  10. madhatter1689

We are a rare breed aren't we lol. Good result for us today. Could this be our year?