• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Astro File Manager update

madhatter1689

Android Enthusiast
Apr 21, 2010
Belfast
Received the latest update today and for some reason the Astro icon in the app drawer said the app wasn't installed. I uninstalled the app and then downloaded it again and it doesn't appear in the app drawer but is listed in My Apps from where I can get into the app which seems to be working well. Anyone else have this problem?

Had the same problem as madhatter - updated the app and it ran fine from the notification of the install but the shortcut on my home screen wouldn't work, neither would the entry in the All Apps list! Had to uninstall the app and re-install it to fix.

I think the Task Killer section is poorly named. It's simply another way to look at running processes (just like System Panel or Settings->Applications). It's not a traditional "task killer" in that it doesn't try and remove running processes automatically.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones