Astro won't open .apk files

Last Updated:

1. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Ok so I want to install a couple of applications that aren't on the market (notably RockPlayerBase and CarHome.)

Anyway, I have Astro (the free version) and I have set the phone to allow unknown installations.

However when I navigate to the .apk files on the SD card using astro and select 'Open App Manager' all the summaries are blank and if I go to the 'Details' tab it displays the message "Could not open /sdcard/download/CarDock.apk as APK file"

It seems to do this with all .apk files I try and install. Any ideas??

2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Go into settings / applications and check that you have ticked 'Unknown sources' in order to allow installation of non market apk files.
  3. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's been checked. It turns out the .apk files hadn't downloaded properly, it works fine now.

Thanks though!
  4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Sorry I've just noticed you had already said you had allowed unknown installations :eek:
  5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

If I have been sent an .apk via email, I find they never download properly through the mail apps. I have to download from a PC and transfer over. There always seems to be corruption or an invalid file size issue.
  6. blue90

blue90 Well-Known Member

where do you guys download apk files which are not in android store from? pm me?