Asurion and EVO wait time feedback...

Last Updated:

1. duran87a

duran87a Member This Topic's Starter

Since the EVO has been out for awhile I'm wondering if the demand for the device is still high? What can I expect? I filed an insurance claim for the EVO today and I'm told 3-5 business days from the rep. Whats the realistic time and is Asurion still experiencing a backlog with the EVO? I have an epic for use on my primary line so I'm not too worried about waiting. Now I hope Asurion will send my EVO before I go on vacation to Atlanta next week. So whats your experiences lately?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Ausurion has plenty of evo's. Sprint is the one having problems keeping them in stock.

3. missy brown

missy brown Well-Known Member

it took mine like 5 days because it was n back order

4. ghodzilla5150

ghodzilla5150 Well-Known Member

Mine took 7 days

5. NorthBayX415

NorthBayX415 Active Member

I filed Sunday around 2. It's been 4days today!!! Really missing my evo

6. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I called tech-support on a Saturday, they dispatched a replacement phone and informed me that I'll probably get it around Wednesday. I got it on Monday. I'm happy with the Manufacturer's warranty! So when I called to activate my phone and they offered me TEP, I quickly snatched it up.

I also cancelled my Best Buy Black Tie Protection Plan. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

7. duran87a

well here's my update! They sent a confirmation email with a tracking number so it's coming tomorrow! but usually they tell me on the confirmation email its new or not....what is asurion sending now adays? refurbished or boxed new?

8. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

Are they taking 5-7 days because of backordered NEW EVO replacements, or because they are having a shortage of REFURB EVO replacements?

Edit:

Well, I basically bumped the previous person's post...lol

9. duran87a

My EVO was a refurb but it's a good phone I hope. I'm not fond of refurbs but this will have to do. It comes preloaded of course with 2.2. Got mine Oct 1st at 11am and the phone was ordered the 29th of Sept. So not bad.

10. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

I just filed a claim today with Asurion. Got my conformation email and they had the wrong address to ship in to on the tracking number. Couldn't get it changed by them or Fed Ex.

Talked to Supervisor. At 9:30 PM Central time and they were gonna overnight me another one to have by tomorrow and they would sort out the mess with Fed Ex about getting the first one canceled. We'll see if it comes in tomorrow. Hope it does. Getting another battery and charger with it too and I only have to send my phone back and get to keep the original battery.

11. duran87a

my phone from asurion did not come with a charger. But came with a battery at least. I have a charger so no biggie

12. dschoenike

dschoenike Member

My mic and speaker broke about a week ago, and yesterday(friday), i finally bit the bullet and ordered a replacement from asurion. I got it at 930 this morning, and it was brand new in the box with everything in it. Quite happy, 16 hr delivery and new to boot. Now i just gotta activate it.

13. Palmetto Fellow

OK, so it seems they are quoting 5-7 days, but the replacements are shipping within about a day!

14. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Mine came brand new a day later.

California.

15. NorthBayX415

NorthBayX415 Active Member

whats that ##7 something number you dial to see if your phone is refurbrished? i got my phone yesterday =D

16. daystrom

daystrom Well-Known Member

That would be ##786#

17. chadk881

chadk881 Member

The Girl lost her Evo filed a claim online with Asurion On last monday... got replacement (refurb) on friday.. Replacement had a fingers breadth area across the top half of the screen that didn't work... was unresponsive to any touch in said area.. Called Asurion that night they took me through thier troubleshooting steps all of which I had already done... They filed another claim for me got that replacement on Wed this week.. Was a brand new Evo new packaging and all not the Asurion box that refurbs come in.. all the goodies included too new phone battery charger (which is good because her original charger the tip had pulled off the cord when unplugging it from the phone just days before never seen anything like that happen before. Pretty happy with my experience even though the first replacement was bad they let me keep the battery and microsd card from it told me to just send the phone itself back.. Plus ended up getting a brand new phone for her... her original Evo was hardware version 2 i had preordered from the SHACK had light leakage and screen separation. New evo is like mine a HW version 3 no light leakage or screen separation like her first one had... So very happy with Asurion

Chaddy

18. RdWing

RdWing Member

Filed last Saturday and got it this past Friday.
    It was a NIB Evo.

19. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

My phone was brand new in the box. Not a refurb. Does have some light leakage though. Otterbox covers it though. Better than nothing and I got it Saturday. Ordered it Friday.

20. Geek Goddess

Geek Goddess Well-Known Member

I filed my claim on September 11th (a Saturday) and got it the following Wednesday. Brand new in box. Everything working perfectly, but I have an Epson screen now instead of the Novatech I originally had which saddened me a bit. Nice to have the extra charger tho. :)

21. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

With my epic... 10pm I filled in the info on their website. 1pm the next day I had my replacement epic. I can't complain at all about their service. Also got lucky with the newness of the Epic, I received a brand new in the box epic and only had to return the phone itself. Spare battery, 16gb card and accessories for me. :)

22. jonkats

jonkats New Member

I lost my phone last week and ordered a new replacement this morning. As soon as I got of the phone with Asurion my wife called to inform me she found my phone in my daughters toy drawer(battery dead of course). I cannot get a $100 refund as they do not take refunds.

My question... can my wife use the new/refurbished phone on her line??? If so that would be Awesome!!!

23. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I had a phone returned that was reported stolen last year. Had no issue using either. You did pay $100 for it after all (plus the monthly fee...)

24. farva

farva Well-Known Member

I filed a claim with Asurion on Saturday and their website stated that the Evo was back-ordered and it may be 5-7 days before my replacement is shipped. If anyone has filed a claim within the last few weeks or so, how long did it take before you received your replacement phone?

25. Palmetto Fellow

Do Asurion refurb phones come in the original HTC EVO4G boxes?