• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asurion Claim ?

...plus how many months of paying the insurance charge? With that what did you actually pay for that refurb Droid 1?

I have been taking that into account, in regards to keeping or dumping the insurance. But 15 months at $6 a month plus the deductible comes out to $179 for a refurbished Droid... A little steep, but definitely worth it in the year or so of owning the device. I'll have to keep that in mind on my next device...

Edit: Or at least keep it while they are giving out new devices. I know for awhile replacements were Droid 2's. "Luckily" for me, they must have increased their refurbished stock.

Upvote 0
I'm actually coming out ahead with Asurion THIS TIME, because it's a $90 deductible and $7 a month... and I've only had my D2G for about 2.5 months, and I managed to wash it... Ooops.

That is where Asurion really does come through, especially if they send you a new phone versus a refurbished.

About the only saving grace for me was they did send a new battery, battery cover, and charger along with the replacement. Better than Verizon used to do by sending out just the replacement phone.

Upvote 0
That is where Asurion really does come through, especially if they send you a new phone versus a refurbished.

About the only saving grace for me was they did send a new battery, battery cover, and charger along with the replacement. Better than Verizon used to do by sending out just the replacement phone.

Well, my last Asurion replacement enVtouch was a refurb. I don't care if it's refurb as long as it works. I like that they not only send you a new battery/door/charger/everything, but they let you keep the old ones, too. All they want back from me is the phone itself.

Upvote 0
My experience was the same. I had a busted USB port on my D1, called in Sunday afternoon, and it was there Tuesday AM. I may have to send this one back though as I'm noticing some odd behavior with the battery levels changing wildly and the touch screen behaving oddly, so OP I recommend taking advantage of the week or so you have to evaluate it. FWIW, it was in *mint* physical condition. I wouldn't have known it was a refurb but for the sticker under where the battery is housed indicated as much.

Upvote 0
Has anyone recently had a bad refurb? How is Asurion to deal with on that? How is their tech support?
they are jerks... i had a older flip phone (lg i think) and they replaced it with a phone which had replacement plastic and the side buttons didnt work... they then tried to charge me another 50 bucks for a working phone... now if i break my phone i buy a new one on ebay... got my droid one for 140$ on there...

Upvote 0
I had a bad refurb once, just called up Asurion, they sent me a new one and that was that.

P.S. I have had my Droid 1 replaced via Asurion and the refurb was in mint condition.

Why will I always have Asurion? Even if it's more expensive than Squaretrade? Because the convenience of having a refurb working phone in my hand the next morning (or morning right after that) trumps saving some bucks considering squaretrade would require a week to two weeks to either fix/give you your money back.

Going more than 2-3 days without my phone is not an option, I need to have access to my email, my work, my contacts daily since I do not have a land line.

P.S. they didnt charge me for the second one since it is faulty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones