Asurion has no more incrediblesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Do you have a link...this is the phandroid review I found. 5 stars, "Aside from the fairly disappointing media experience on this device, everything is top notch."

Advertisement
  2. offanairplane

offanairplane Well-Known Member

Of course it's top notch. The Inc1 is top notch, and this phone is basically the same thing. lol
  3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Yeah, that's the review. Should of been more clear, I didn't mean the review was bad, just that the inc2 doesn't offer anything much over the inc1. At least nothing that I don't have with ROMS, and the world feature/FFC I have no use for. I'd miss the optical trackpad and the 6GB internal storage.
  4. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Agreed, if I was looking to upgrade from some other phone the inc2 looks pretty good. However, with my Incredible Classic, I have little interest.
  5. cls77

cls77 New Member

As of 1pm Eastern today Asurion has no Incredibles in stock per my call. They offered me the Droid X, Samsung Fascinate, or HTC Ares.

Could not give me a timetable, if any, on Incredible 1 replacements.

Said at this time, and for the forseeable future, Incredible 1s could not be exchanged for HTC Thunderbolt or Incredible 2.

....livid.
  6. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member

That's sucks. I think the thunderbolt or inc2 should replace our Inc's
  7. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

LOL your joking right? you seriously think you should get a brand new 4G phone as a replacement for a year old Dinc?

the fact is ALL these warranties explicitly state they can replace with a "comparable" phone at their discretion. And yes the "droid X" IS a comparable replacement phone for the Dinc. you may not "like" the phone but it is comparable spec wise...
  8. Ba'al

Ba'al Member

They get the refurb phones in batches. If you don't want to accept a non-Inc replacement you may just have to keep calling in for a few days until they get some more.

Happened to me with my Droid X which back in November oddly enough they wanted to send me an Inc and I said no. It ended up taking about a week before they had X's back in stock, and after receiving the replacement I decided it was just way too buggy a phone and switched to an Inc anyway (but did sell the X for $400 and got a BNIB Inc on craigslist for $200).
  9. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

The incredible is definitely the better phone from my experience. Also, stargate SG-1?
  10. Ba'al

Ba'al Member

I agree, night-and-day difference. X was a neat phone but I quickly realized it was way too big of a phone for my needs, and the bugs drove me crazy. The Inc has pretty much been a perfect phone for me. The only issue I've had since switching at the beginning of the year is it wiped the SD card the first week I had it but since then no other issues. I definitely wouldn't accept an X as a warranty or insurance replacement for an Inc!

Indeed! :cool:
  11. Raven93

Raven93 Active Member

Wondering if I should drop my insurance, I still have ~11 months on my contract. I would not want a Moto X to replace my dinc, I don't like Moto droid phones...
  12. phareous

phareous Active Member

I'm too trying to determine if I should drop insurance. I am eligible for early upgrade but my wife is not and her phone is probably in more need of replacement. But the main thing keeping me back from doing anything is I don't want to be locked into two more years of verizon knowing they will never have annual upgrades again. I'm so angry at them I'd like to go to Sprint or some other company when our contracts are up, even though everyone we know is on verizon
  13. cjl100gs

cjl100gs Active Member

So, this does mean that they are out of incredibles for good right??? because I don't know if i would want to get a Droid X for my Dinc
  14. sqerkl

sqerkl Active Member

They will tell you they are "out of Incredibles" and the Droid X is the replacement option...

However...

If you're a little persistent and insistent by, say, demanding that you would prefer to have an HTC device, that you as a consumer prefer the HTC brand to the Motorola brand...

You might find your options changing dramatically. That is, the Droid X might not be your one and only choice. It might also help to politely ask to speak with a member of the "Advanced Customer Care" team to aid you in fulfilling your needs.

And, yeah, I'm being intentionally cryptic here. :D
  15. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

This scares me so much I have a full year still left on my contract add I am on third Inc... and I don't think there is anywhy my referable will last another 12 months

And also I am an huge rooter and rommer how and the hell am I disposed to do that with the super crappy d X
  16. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

yeah i hear ya, but i would rather have an x then to have to shell out money for what ever i find on Craigslist.
  17. OfficiallyJoe

OfficiallyJoe New Member

This is so weird because I just called and asked if they still had droid incs and the lady said yes:confused:
  18. blkbeltkid17

I depends on your region and when assurion may get a new shipment of referb d Inc ... so I guess untilled they are compleaty out its a matter of trimming and luck
  19. cjl100gs

cjl100gs Active Member

Has anyone sent their phone into Asurion lately, because if they don't have anymore Dincs i might have to hold on to it despite the crack on my screen
  20. blkbeltkid17

not that i no... call them and good luck bro
  21. tfalk

tfalk Member

I just got a replacement DINC from ASSurion yesterday so they apparently have them. Unfortunately, the one I received apparently is also defective... press NEXT to continue.... you could press next with a hammer and it wouldn't do anything.

According to the manager I escalated to, they are sending me a 'new' DINC that I should receive this afternoon. I'll believe it when I see it.
  22. tfalk

tfalk Member

Apparently I spoke too soon...

I called ASSurion to get a tracking number and they 'for some reason' never shipped it yesterday. The story is also changing in that while last night they said they had Incredible-1's, as of this morning they don't have any and are sending me an Incredible-2.

I've always viewed the US Postal Service as the most inept organization I've ever dealt with. At this point, ASSurion has not only passed them, they hit bottom and started digging. :mad:
  23. csmithrc

csmithrc Member

Well as of 4:30 EST they have the Original Inc. back in stock. It must change throughout the day.
  24. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Best Buy has them in stock. A friend of mine placed his Dinc in his softball bag and when he went to get it after the game, it's screen was shattered. He went to BBY and they said no problem, we'll have another for you in 2 days.
  25. blkbeltkid17

i know was the days go on they will have less and less and the chances of me getting one if my phone breaks goes down more and more too but o well ill live with it