• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asurion has no more incredibles

I had done one online, and before you submit it gives you the option to talk to an online rep. Thats what I did, I talked to the rep the first time (in may) and they told me they had incs, so I cancelled the claim.

I called twice yesterday and they said they had incs both times.

*edit*

Just called them again, they had no incs in stock, so I'm getting my inc2 tomorrow, woot!

Upvote 0
I buy and sell phones enough that it doesn't make sense for me to have insurance on them. I have been through 9 different phones in about 2 years (Lost one, broke...well washed one, and the rest have been resold) so in my case, since i like switching phones quite a bit, i have never had insurance. bought my Dinc for $200 on ebay. Craigslist was cheaper, but i wanted the scam-proof assurance that ebay provides.

If you plan on keeping the same phone forever, get insurance. If you are like me and want the "newest and greatest" (though actually i generally wait till all of the bugs have been worked out) It makes more sense to keep that money and put it in a fund to buy the next phone.

Upvote 0
I buy and sell phones enough that it doesn't make sense for me to have insurance on them. I have been through 9 different phones in about 2 years (Lost one, broke...well washed one, and the rest have been resold) so in my case, since i like switching phones quite a bit, i have never had insurance. bought my Dinc for $200 on ebay. Craigslist was cheaper, but i wanted the scam-proof assurance that ebay provides.

If you plan on keeping the same phone forever, get insurance. If you are like me and want the "newest and greatest" (though actually i generally wait till all of the bugs have been worked out) It makes more sense to keep that money and put it in a fund to buy the next phone.

Unless you have an unusually high risk of breaking/losing your phone insurance never makes sense financially. On average you must pay more for the insurance than you would benefit.

Upvote 0
My phone got dropped into a cooler with water and ice yesterday at a picnic, it currently is sitting in a jar of rice to see if it brings it back 100%. It kind of works but the graphics are a little messed up when transitioning screens and the sound is a little garbled.

I went to the Assurian website to file a claim and it didn't tell me what I would get just that I had an Audiovox Droid Incredible. So I'm assuming that I will get another Dinc1.

Upvote 0
What do you 'hate' about the inc2 over the inc1 (besides no perm root)?

Will it ever get permanent root? I ask because i was planning on getting one in

the coming months, but if there is no permanent root then there might as well

not be root at all. I am not exactly sure how that works though. I assume ROMs

are out of the question, but what modifications are available?

Upvote 0
so I got my replacement and the screen is definitely not the same as the original. Terrible quality, the screen contrast looks washed out, screen will slightly dim on its own, and it has a blue tint when the sun reflects on it. I don't know if this is common with replacements they send?
You must have gotten the version with the regular LCD screen. The original Inc came with a much better AMOLED screen.

Upvote 0
You must have gotten the version with the regular LCD screen. The original Inc came with a much better AMOLED screen.

It seems like he/she may be describing a manufacturers defect. I would not describe the Super LCD screen that new incredible are shipped with as "terrible quality" or "washed out" even when compared to the AMOLED screen of the older incredibles.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones