1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Asurion has no more incrediblesGeneral

1. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

While I agree, I took out an insurance policy for my phone from Squaretrade since it was cheaper. It is the only device I have insurance on. Not that I try to break the phone, but let's just say that I'm a lot less careful knowing I'll get $600 back if it does break. :rolleyes:
  2. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

i have herd of squaretrade what kinda of stuff do they offer man
  3. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

I can't comment on the process of actually filing a claim, but they offer accidental insurance (and extended warranties) on electronic devices. It is a $50 deductible for any accidental claim (warranty claims are free). If they can't repair your device , they will give you a check for the full retail value of it (supposedly). It cost me $100 for 2 years of extended warranty and accidental insurance.
  4. blkbeltkid17

Is that a one time charge of 100$ or is out broken up ?
  5. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

One time charge.
  6. blkbeltkid17

Thats not a bad deal seeing how I pay 6.99 a month and I pay that 24 times over the length of my contact And the deductible is cheper
  7. phony01

phony01 New Member

My phone had an empty wine bottle dropped on it last night, shattering the glass. Started my asurion claim on their website until they told me to call. I was told to expect my replacement phone tomorrow. They hadn't really specified, and I never thought to ask, but I assume I've got another incredible on the way...
  8. blkbeltkid17

humm good luck man i d k if you will get an inc anymore
  9. ryanx27

ryanx27 Well-Known Member

Follow up and let us know if it was a DInc1 or a Dinc2. Thanks
  10. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that Asurion covers "loss" Most others don't. that's the main reason its more expensive.
  11. IcellPhones

IcellPhones Well-Known Member

My buddy got his inc wet, i assume assurion is verizons insurance cause thats what he has, ( i dont do insurance cause i take car of my stuff) they sent him an inc it had issues so he called verizon and they sent him an inc2 for free, and i think it was a brand new inc2, maybe its cause he has like 5 phones on his account and most of them have data.
  12. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Yeah, what you get is a crap shoot of how many times has it been replaced, who you talk to, your account size and history, and a random prime number.

I remember Asurion was giving people problems about "water damage" for awhile which is stupid since they cover "loss". oops my water logged phone was lost, please send me a new one.
  13. 7runx

7runx Active Member

I realize this, but the junk refurbished phones still apply. Why spend $100+ for something u could buy used for maybe a little more? and this way you are NOT required to pay anything unless your phone truley does break.
  14. blkbeltkid17

yeah but i mean no mater what you do every time you get a replacement you will always get a referb which SUCKS
  15. Shorte85

Shorte85 Well-Known Member

My friend has his screen cracked and had the incredible, and ended up getting the incredible 2 with no problems.

I wonder because of the fact that they now have a good amount of incredible 2's, that they are able to replace incredible 1's with 2's when a replacement is needed.
  16. blkbeltkid17

that is a possiblity
  17. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Why would they have a "good amount " of refurbished incredible 2?

Seems like they would have more.refurbished incredible.
  18. wamsille

wamsille Well-Known Member

Yes and no. The Incredible has been out longer, and among the sales, returns and warranty exchanges on the device I bet there are fewer decent Incredibles versus Incredible 2 models. Support for the Incredible is going to wane. I highly doubt the Incredible 2 is going to get kicked to the curb after awhile also. Phones running up to 3G only, regardless of processors and OS versions, won't be the hot ticket anymore. They have to have a good number of current refurbs on hand to support the latest product.

Surely a person who just got an Incredible 2 doesn't want to get the OG Incredible.

Edit:

I do have a legitimate claim in with Asuiron from earlier this month that I couldn't complete because the fine folks at Asurion couldn't validate my address. I know with my Incredible being rooted I could not turn it in to Verizon and risk getting charged for the replacement. I have suspected water damage but the visible moisture indicators have not gone off.

Asurion in the online process informed me that since the Incredible is no longer being produced, my replacement will be a Incredible 2. Your mileage will vary.
  19. phony01

phony01 New Member

Got my replacement last night, dinc 1. Not sure if it's a refurb or not. The only difference I've seen other than the packaging is the battery, which is black, not red.
  20. blkbeltkid17

it is a refurb man they havent made new icnredibles in a long time
  21. Azhic13

Azhic13 Member

Hi all, just got my replacement for my Dinc from Asurion yesterday. Dinc2 in original verizon packaging all wrapped up like a new phone. Absolutely no marks on it, no marks on an contacts. :confused: Everything I can look at on it looks like a brand new phone. I've gotten Asurion replacements before and they usually came boxed in a black box in ziploc style bags. This came in all heat sealed like my original incredible did when it was new. Anyone else had this happen? I've heard alot of horror stories about refurbed Inc2's coming in terrible condition. Was really suprised hope some others get replacements in this condition.
  22. blkbeltkid17

you just got super lucky they must of not had any referb inc or inc2 when you made your call enjoy it man
  23. phony01

phony01 New Member

My replacement (refurb) inc liked to restart itself at random times. I called Asurion back, and now I have a new (not refurb!) inc2 in the mail. Not bad...
  24. Azhic13

Azhic13 Member

Yeah i think that blind luck had to play a huge role here. I'm loving it though:D and the otterbox defender's getting delivered today.
  25. Azhic13

Azhic13 Member

Quality customer service for Asurion? Crazy talk! :D maybe they got tired of the bad press and are working on their image. Congrats!