• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asurion has no more incredibles

Personally I think all phone insurance is a waste for most users (unless you're at a very high risk of breaking your phone). And I refuse on principle to PAY for warranty coverage after a year for something Verizon is making me take a 2 year contract on.

But that's just me.
While I agree, I took out an insurance policy for my phone from Squaretrade since it was cheaper. It is the only device I have insurance on. Not that I try to break the phone, but let's just say that I'm a lot less careful knowing I'll get $600 back if it does break. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
While I agree, I took out an insurance policy for my phone from Squaretrade since it was cheaper. It is the only device I have insurance on. Not that I try to break the phone, but let's just say that I'm a lot less careful knowing I'll get $600 back if it does break. :rolleyes:
i have herd of squaretrade what kinda of stuff do they offer man

Upvote 0
i have herd of squaretrade what kinda of stuff do they offer man
I can't comment on the process of actually filing a claim, but they offer accidental insurance (and extended warranties) on electronic devices. It is a $50 deductible for any accidental claim (warranty claims are free). If they can't repair your device , they will give you a check for the full retail value of it (supposedly). It cost me $100 for 2 years of extended warranty and accidental insurance.

Upvote 0
My phone had an empty wine bottle dropped on it last night, shattering the glass. Started my asurion claim on their website until they told me to call. I was told to expect my replacement phone tomorrow. They hadn't really specified, and I never thought to ask, but I assume I've got another incredible on the way...

Follow up and let us know if it was a DInc1 or a Dinc2. Thanks

Upvote 0
My buddy got his inc wet, i assume assurion is verizons insurance cause thats what he has, ( i dont do insurance cause i take car of my stuff) they sent him an inc it had issues so he called verizon and they sent him an inc2 for free, and i think it was a brand new inc2, maybe its cause he has like 5 phones on his account and most of them have data.

Yeah, what you get is a crap shoot of how many times has it been replaced, who you talk to, your account size and history, and a random prime number.

I remember Asurion was giving people problems about "water damage" for awhile which is stupid since they cover "loss". oops my water logged phone was lost, please send me a new one.

Upvote 0
My friend has his screen cracked and had the incredible, and ended up getting the incredible 2 with no problems.

I wonder because of the fact that they now have a good amount of incredible 2's, that they are able to replace incredible 1's with 2's when a replacement is needed.

Why would they have a "good amount " of refurbished incredible 2?

Seems like they would have more.refurbished incredible.

Upvote 0
Why would they have a "good amount " of refurbished incredible 2?

Seems like they would have more.refurbished incredible.

Yes and no. The Incredible has been out longer, and among the sales, returns and warranty exchanges on the device I bet there are fewer decent Incredibles versus Incredible 2 models. Support for the Incredible is going to wane. I highly doubt the Incredible 2 is going to get kicked to the curb after awhile also. Phones running up to 3G only, regardless of processors and OS versions, won't be the hot ticket anymore. They have to have a good number of current refurbs on hand to support the latest product.

Surely a person who just got an Incredible 2 doesn't want to get the OG Incredible.

Edit:

I do have a legitimate claim in with Asuiron from earlier this month that I couldn't complete because the fine folks at Asurion couldn't validate my address. I know with my Incredible being rooted I could not turn it in to Verizon and risk getting charged for the replacement. I have suspected water damage but the visible moisture indicators have not gone off.

Asurion in the online process informed me that since the Incredible is no longer being produced, my replacement will be a Incredible 2. Your mileage will vary.

Upvote 0
Hi all, just got my replacement for my Dinc from Asurion yesterday. Dinc2 in original verizon packaging all wrapped up like a new phone. Absolutely no marks on it, no marks on an contacts. :thinking: Everything I can look at on it looks like a brand new phone. I've gotten Asurion replacements before and they usually came boxed in a black box in ziploc style bags. This came in all heat sealed like my original incredible did when it was new. Anyone else had this happen? I've heard alot of horror stories about refurbed Inc2's coming in terrible condition. Was really suprised hope some others get replacements in this condition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones