• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asurion Insurance no longer has Nexus One

defiantbeast

Nov 24, 2009
Philadelphia
I just confirmed this myself by calling up 3 seperate times just to be sure, but as i was told google/tmobile has discontinued the nexus one so if you file a claim with asurion to replace your lost or stolen nexus they will not be able to replace it with an actual nexus one. Instead you will be given the choice between a Samsung vibrant or motorola cliq. There is also the option to try and purchase a nexus directly from google, present prof to assurion and they will re-imburst you the cost of the nexus minus the 130$ deductible. That will be an option until google runs out of nexus ones. I hope this helps some one else. Im pretty sure i will just cancel my insurance because im not interested in another phone.

So... hypothetically speaking... IF someone stole my N1, I could get a Galaxy S... for FREE?
Hypothetically speaking of course.

Hypothetically...cough, cough... Yeah you could "lose it". Just remember that with asurion you only get 2 claims a year. Before they put the 2 a year limit I heard of people getting 3 or 4 phones a year

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones