Asurion Insurance no longer has Nexus One

Last Updated:

1. defiantbeast

defiantbeast Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just confirmed this myself by calling up 3 seperate times just to be sure, but as i was told google/tmobile has discontinued the nexus one so if you file a claim with asurion to replace your lost or stolen nexus they will not be able to replace it with an actual nexus one. Instead you will be given the choice between a Samsung vibrant or motorola cliq. There is also the option to try and purchase a nexus directly from google, present prof to assurion and they will re-imburst you the cost of the nexus minus the 130$ deductible. That will be an option until google runs out of nexus ones. I hope this helps some one else. Im pretty sure i will just cancel my insurance because im not interested in another phone.

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

wow i was wondering the same thing....Looks like if something did happen to my Nexus I would not report it until tmo has something better. Like maybe the beast that is supposed to come out Nov 5th (vanguard/desire)

3. Espike

Espike Well-Known Member

So... hypothetically speaking... IF someone stole my N1, I could get a Galaxy S... for FREE?
    Hypothetically speaking of course.

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

not worth losing it , if you ask me!

5. defiantbeast

defiantbeast Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hypothetically...cough, cough... Yeah you could "lose it". Just remember that with asurion you only get 2 claims a year. Before they put the 2 a year limit I heard of people getting 3 or 4 phones a year

6. Espike

Espike Well-Known Member

But that would be insurance fraud.. so... yea.. Asurion, Hypothetically speaking...

7. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

9. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

Just today, Asurion tried to give my brother a MyTouch 3G for a N1 replacement. I argued with them until they coughed up a Samsung Vibrant.