Asurion insuranceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. hortangur

hortangur Member

just wanted to put something up about this. read some terrible reviews about asurion . and was pretty nervous about having to replace my phone
    after it disappeared Friday night .
    but I have to say it's a pretty good service ordered my phone on Sunday got it on Tuesday.
    even spoke to a real customer service rep Sunday AM who actually was very helpful.
    and amazingly it was all setup and ready to go right out of the box (after putting the sim card and battery in)
    no activation or anything.
    there was a 39 dollar deductible. but I did get a newer phone.
    one thing I did find out is that it seems metro total protection can only be put on the 40 dollar or up plan.
    also first thing I did after I put my contacts in by hand....DOH!... was back them all up with google. live and learn hahaha.

2. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

I did the sane as you except I dropped my motion and glass was coming out the screen. If you would've ordered one on weekday it would be there next day. If you still have your phone, since they activate it already you can't use your old one since it's cut off. I was sad when I messed my phone up but this avid has been great.
  3. Rapture81g

Rapture81g Well-Known Member

Asurion kept me very happy. I had a Coolpad that had a problem with earpiece rattle when someone spoke. very hard to understand the person talking to me. Took it to metro and they said the white dot on the board turned red meaning water damage (which I knew already) but opening my phone before this I didn't see any water damage to the actual board. As I use to work for a company called New Breed that reflashed and fixed broke phones for numerous carriers. so anyways got in contact with Asurion since metro didn't want to touch my phone. They told me coolpad had been discontinued and for $39 would send me the Zte Avid. So I did just that. Once I received the new phone, after maybe 3 days I noticed the flash only worked if I squeezed next to the flasher with my finger. But I had to hold pressure or it would turn off. Called Asurion and told them and they sent a new phone the next day. I have no complaints about theit services.
  4. pcwebiz

pcwebiz Active Member

Asurion is great. I have used them alot. I lost my phone and they replaced it the next day.. I later found my found the old one and changed the prl and now use the old one on pageplus as a secondary and a tester for CDMA purposes. They replace Netbooks and Tablets too!