1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Asurion Mobile AddressBook

Last Updated:

1. petesemail71

petesemail71 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Android Forums,

I am one of the developers of the Asurion Mobile AddressBook and I would like to get some feedback on our product from the users here. It would be great to see what everyone thinks of the application. It is available in the Android Marketplace, just search Asurion. Or you can go to our site at Asurion Mobile AddressBook - Bring Your AddressBook To Life!.

A little about AddressBook, it is a socially connected address book that allows you to get information about your contacts from different social sites like Facebook and Twitter right in the address book, through mini programs called Mixins.

Soon we will have an APK for developers to develop their own Mixins for AddressBook. When its ready I will post more information if anyone would like to beta for us.

AddressBook is still in a beta form and is available for 1.6 and 2.0 and above. Please try it out and let me know what you think. AddressBook is new and we are open to positive and negative feedback.

Thanks,
    Peter

Advertisement
    dznuts666 likes this.
  2. jbman

jbman Active Member

Hi,
    I just downloaded AddressBook and after going through the mix-ins and matching my contacts in the phone with their facebook pages, it does not seem to be updating their facebook info, or showing any info at all for that matter. I loaded it onto a myTouch 3g running the latest Cynogen Mod.

3. petesemail71

If you go into the setting menu and select Mixins, you can check the status update interval. Make sure it is set to 1 hour (or whatever time period you like). That should solve your problem.

4. jbman

jbman Active Member

Ok, changed it to update every 30 mins, 40 mins ago. Still nothing. I checked the facebook page on the computer to see who had updated recently and still nothing. No update notifications and nothing displayed when i click on the facebook icon for a contact.

5. jbman

jbman Active Member

Ok, well, I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, and everything seems to be working fine now. It is too early yet for notifications but at least the facebook updates are coming up for each contact now!

6. petesemail71

I am glad you were able to get it working. We will have our team try to reproduce your issue so we can understand it better.

7. dznuts666

dznuts666 New Member

I've read great things about this app, but am unable to locate it in the market, and it doesn't appear to be available via their website anymore. If that is no long available, i would be interested in a better alternative addressbook for android. I don't run HTC Sense anymore unfortunately, so there isn't any facebook/gmail sync for my contact list anymore and would like that functionality again. Thanks to anyone that replies!
    :eek: