Asurion No Longer Assures You an Original Droid

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

We’ve gotten reports that Asurion’s stopped replacing broken Motorola Droids with non-broken Motorola Droids. Instead, they’ve been replacing them with the HTC Droid Eris, the Motorola Devour, or the LG Ally. I’ve never been one to be wary of device insurance – surely they must have enough stock to cover you should your investment ever [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

I've said time and time again...just insure through your regular insurance company.

3. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

The guy who started the thread on the Droid forum said that after he called the corporate office, they gave him a Droid.

4. Mike Armour

Mike Armour New Member

Yeah-I just had a battle with Asurion over a wet Motorola Droid-they first said they didn't have any-tried to offer lower end device-when I quoted the paragraph out of their brochure about picking up replacement device at Verizon, they suddenly found one-how amazing!

5. sternyy

sternyy Member

I had to call today and I had no problem getting a new droid replacement. I asked if i was getting the exact model that I currently have and the rep said yes. I mentioned about hearing news that they were no longer offering a Motorola droid for a Motorola droid. The rep said a few days ago they were having problems getting new Motorola droids because they are no longer in products, but they just received a new shipment the other day. We will find out on Monday!

6. bullitt6996

bullitt6996 Member

I've noticed that if you raise enough of a stir with Verizon, they'll find a way to work with you. With the X out and the Deuce moving in on the 2nd of Aug, you shouldn't have too hard of a time convincing Verizon reps to back you up if you threaten early term.