1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Asurion?General

1. ltbakken

ltbakken Well-Known Member

Does Asurion give you a refurbished phone as a replacement or a new one? I recently had an incident with my Incredible and just was informed that it isnt backordered on there anymore.

Advertisement
    :
  2. It depends on what they have in stock, sometimes new, sometimes refurb. Most likely it will be new since this phone is relatively new and im sure hasnt had too many sent back. But who knows
  3. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

I just got an asurion replacement dinc last week. Like those waiting on their orders, I did wait a couple of weeks. It was brand new in the box.
  4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

my former replacements were all refurbs, but they worked fine. I would say that there aren't gonna be refurbs of the Dinc for awhile, so they will be new for now. Just my .02.
  5. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

what did you do to your phone?
  6. JustinHEMI

Yeah I had a BB replacement a few years back that was refurb, but it was better than the phone it replaced! There is nothing wrong with refurbs. But it is a word people don't like.
  7. ltbakken

Dropped it in water. Speaker now has that terrible feedback sound and the status bar is indicating that headphones are plugged in.

For the record i had a Seidio Innocase on it and it actually did do a lot to keep the phones internals dry.

I want the replacement simply because i had only had it a month and was doing all i could to baby it.
  8. ltbakken

I called Asurion and the rep said that 4 out of 5 times the replacement will be new. I never had the chance to tell her what phone i was calling about since i did my claim online. I believe with all that you guys are saying, logic dictates that it will be new. I will let you know in 24 hours!
  9. jrm1013

jrm1013 Active Member

I wouldn't really worry about it. In my experience with a recent release, the replacements will be new. If its a refurb though, it should still be fine. I've never gotten a refurb with like a scratched up screen or anything but maybe I have had good luck.
  10. Wiggin21

Wiggin21 Well-Known Member

how the hell do you even sign up for asurion? their website is impossible..
  11. JustinHEMI

To get coverage on your phone? You do that through verizon. To make a claim, was easy peasy lemon squeezy.
  12. Wiggin21

alright thanks!
  13. Wiggin21

i heard from this forum we had 60 days to get asurion, correct?
  14. ltbakken

I heard it was thirty
  15. MaGaHi

MaGaHi Member

it's 30 days
  16. Wiggin21

Fml

i must be the only person who doesn't have insurance. there must be a way to get it somehow... i must have hope...
  17. ltbakken

Got my insurance replacement yesterday. It was brand new in box. I might add that it was the new box that Verizon droided out. Plus it came with a 2gb card in it which was not included in my first one.

Quite glad i had insurance.
    GrandMasterB likes this.
  18. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

try not to drop this one in water
  19. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

30 days to add it, from date of purchase.

60 days to submit a claim, from date of incident.
  20. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

even if u get a refurbished phones there is nothing wrong with them... they will come looking and working like new.