• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

androidlover14

Android Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2010
Orlando, FL
Does anyone know if Asurion has started to offer the DX for the droid because Im not exactly enjoying the whole overclocking but destroying my battery to the point where instead of doing a mini charge around 7 pm to doing a full charge around 1. I even underclocked to a 800 mhz kernel. I also use setcpu to keep it low when not in use. So yea... anyone heard anything about that cuz this aint workin.

i feel like it is the solution because I failed to state that I have a replacement droid and dont feel like going through 10 droids like this one guy did

Insurance can only be used for certain things and being dissatisfied with the battery life of your phone when overclocked is not one of them. It's not even a valid reason to exchange your Droid for another one.

If you are within the 30 day period where you can give the phone back and get another one that would be one thing. If you just want another phone because overclocking - which is not even a supported function of the phone it should be noted - kills your battery life, then you don't have a leg to stand on.

As far as I can tell from what you've said so far, your problem has nothing to do with it being a replacement Droid and essentially you just want a newer phone that is faster without having to overclock it.

I really don't understand this attitude of entitlement so many people have.

Upvote 0
Insurance can only be used for certain things and being dissatisfied with the battery life of your phone when overclocked is not one of them. It's not even a valid reason to exchange your Droid for another one.

If you are within the 30 day period where you can give the phone back and get another one that would be one thing. If you just want another phone because overclocking - which is not even a supported function of the phone it should be noted - kills your battery life, then you don't have a leg to stand on.

As far as I can tell from what you've said so far, your problem has nothing to do with it being a replacement Droid and essentially you just want a newer phone that is faster without having to overclock it.

I really don't understand this attitude of entitlement so many people have.

Well said...

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if Asurion has started to offer the DX for the droid because Im not exactly enjoying the whole overclocking but destroying my battery to the point where instead of doing a mini charge around 7 pm to doing a full charge around 1. I even underclocked to a 800 mhz kernel. I also use setcpu to keep it low when not in use. So yea... anyone heard anything about that cuz this aint workin.

You wouldnt get an X anyway maybe in a month or so if they have no more droid 1's left then you could get a droid 2 but they wont give you an X for the droid

Upvote 0
How certain is everyone that a lost droid would be replaced with another droid? I have had my droid for 9 months and am debating removing insurance from my monthly bill because I am afraid that I will get a phone I don't like in return.

All depends on what they have in their wearhouse. I know there for awhile alot of droid 1 users who used the insurance only had the choice between the eris and the ally

Upvote 0
All depends on what they have in their wearhouse. I know there for awhile alot of droid 1 users who used the insurance only had the choice between the eris and the ally

True, but people who barked enough eventually got Droids (or Incredibles). I haven't had to use the insurance yet, so I don't have personal experience. The screen on my brother's phone has gone out twice now (he's on his 3rd Droid), but that was considered manufacturers defect, so it was done through Verizon.

To the OP, people abusing insurance is what causes prices to rise IMO...

Reactions: tom108
Upvote 0
True, but people who barked enough eventually got Droids (or Incredibles). I haven't had to use the insurance yet, so I don't have personal experience. The screen on my brother's phone has gone out twice now (he's on his 3rd Droid), but that was considered manufacturers defect, so it was done through Verizon.

To the OP, people abusing insurance is what causes prices to rise IMO...

I agree i have had insurance for years and only used it one time when my phone fell in a toilet. These prices are beginning to become ridiculous because people abuse it

Reactions: tom108
Upvote 0
I agree i have had insurance for years and only used it one time when my phone fell in a toilet. These prices are beginning to become ridiculous because people abuse it

Yep, I've had insurance on FIVE (yes, my account that I pay for has FIVE phones on it, 3 are smartphones). We have NEVER used the insurance either. I'd love to cancel it, but I know with my luck the moment I do a phone will get lost/stolen/broken (physically) and then I will be screwed. I guess I'm screwed either way though...lol...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones