• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DatkidPudge

Lurker
Nov 15, 2009
asurion..

if your replacement phone through asurion is malfunctioning or crap, do you have to go through asurion again to have them send u a new one?

or since its your droid, you can go to verizon and have them replace it if its ****ed up.... im on my like 4 replacement droid from verizon so if this asurion replacement messes up i wanna just go to verizon and ask for a d2.

Actually if it is an Assurion replacement you will need to call assurion since they give you Certified Like New Replacements(CLNR), and as such no longer carry the manufacturers warrently, and assurion warrentys all of their replacements for 1 week after receiving the device. If say for example you get a bum phone from assurion you NEED to call them withing one week and they can send you another one with no deductable. if its after the 7 days odds are you will be charged a deductable again. Sometimes though depending on the Rep you talk to they may pull some strings and get you a replacement through verizon or waive the deductible but this is not common.

Verizon only guarentees manufacturer warranty for new phones or CLNR that they send out. I know this because my store accidently sold a returned phone to a customer and because of such the customers warrenty was voided.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones