asus updateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. nuffz

nuffz Well-Known Member

got home from work to find my tf300 updating its asus firmware cant see any difference. has anyone else had this update?

2. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

Got it also. I believe it just fixed some stability issues. Although it does seem to run slightly smoother now, the lag also seemed to drop even more.
  3. nuffz

nuffz Well-Known Member

i cant see any diference apart from my pad keeps resarting its self more offten if its left open and on
  4. TriumphLance

TriumphLance Well-Known Member

Mine has never restarted. .hmm
  5. btreize

btreize New Member

I accepted the new firmware last week and i noticed a better battery performance. I recently updated to JB and had battery drain since then. But now with the new firmware i can see better performance. I am not a heavy user and i use my pad for work presentation to customers.
    I also factory reset after the update and let the pad started a fresh installation too
  6. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Going off topic I know, but do you use powerpoint files to do that and if so what app do you use to show them and does it allow animations rather than just moving from slide to slide. I have had trouble finding an app that will do that.
  7. Knocks

Knocks Active Member

This is a stability and bug-fix update, no features.
  8. Lightswarm

Lightswarm Well-Known Member

Is the device much smoother than before?
  9. peterc10

The smoothness came with the previous update to Jelly Bean. I can't see any further changes with this update.
  10. barney_rebel

barney_rebel Well-Known Member

Another firmware update this morning, updating.
  11. peterc10

Yep. Same for me in the UK. It still appears to be on Android 4.1.1, so not yet the latest version of JB I am afraid. Anybody know what the changes are?.
  12. barney_rebel

barney_rebel Well-Known Member

No difference I can see so far. Seemed to take a little longer for this one to update.
  13. nuffz

nuffz Well-Known Member

Its not an android update its an asus firmware update theres only glitch and stability fixes in it
  14. nuffz

nuffz Well-Known Member

just had another asus update seems just to be a stabalisation update (i no it needs it) still no 4.2 update yet tho :(
  15. peterc10

Me too. I am not sure what it is for, but we are still not on 4.2. Come on Asus, extract your digit.
  16. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

4.2 is coming, according to Asus. Hopefully we'll see it before Christmas. ;)

Really won't make a big difference for me right away since I'm running a custom ROM. It will not take long before the 4.2 changes are integrated into the ROM I'm running though. I've already got the 4.2 keyboard and camera. :D

Right now I'm running the hybrid ParanoidAndroid ROM with the Untermensch kernel overclocked to 1.7GHz. I usually only run at 1.4 or 5 though. It's plenty fast enough for me.

I love this tablet.
    nuffz likes this.
  17. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

What is with all the new OS update fever? :)

ICS on my Toshiba Excite 7.7 is faster than my TF300 and JB, so not seeing the need. Seems that the updates are starting to hit diminished returns.

The last big performance update was Cupcake to ICS, with GB in the middle.
  18. wetbiker7

From what I've read over at XDA, the updates for JB have increased performance for those still running stock.

The 4.2 update has some nice changes too from what I've seen. There are quite a few of the updates (keyboard, camera, control panel) that can already be acquired if you are rooted. Then again, if you are rooted that means you won't be getting the stock updates anyways. :D

I'm very happy with my 4.1 tablet just the way it is. The custom ROM I'm running is amazing. :D
  19. HitFactor

HitFactor Member

If you are rooted you still receive the updates. I think if you unlock the updates stop.

I am rooted, but not unlocked.
  20. wetbiker7

If you are rooted but not unlcoked that means you have the ICS bootloader. My tab came with Jelly Bean so I didn't have that option.

Once that tab's bootloader is unlocked, the updates stop. I did run across one guy who has a TF300TG and still gets updates with an unlocked Jelly bean bootloader. As far as the TF300T, I've never met anyone who still gets OTA updates.