Asus website shows ICS 4.0.3 nowGeneral

1. Herodroid

Herodroid Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    fodd3r likes this.
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I'd have to assume that Voodoo Root Keeper would be your friend if anyone chooses to load this. I've never loaded one of these direct from Asus, but I'm sure it will remove root.
    *I* am not even sure how to load one of these, is it through CWM like any other ROM - or is there a special Asus method?
  3. Herodroid

This would be if you wanted to unroot and use the official update. You would need to extract it to your MicroSD and then when you reboot it will notify you there is an update for your device.

After I unrooted my Transformer, it would not update OTA.
    Podivin likes this.
  4. Podivin

Ah, so this is basically the OTA download that would have happened in the background, if we were not rooted - then it picks up from the 'update available' step of the OTA process.
    That makes sense - thanks.
  5. fodd3r

fodd3r Active Member

Thanks for posting this, Ive been trying since weekend to update :)
  6. byrontessman

byrontessman Member

7. Herodroid

After you download it to your computer, extract the zip file to a folder. Once you extract it, there will be another zip file inside the folder. Copy the zip file to the MicroSD on tablet.

Reboot Transformer and you will be notified there is an update for it and just run the update.
    byrontessman likes this.
  8. byrontessman

byrontessman Member

thanks, you don't need to be rooted right?
  9. Herodroid

10. atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7 Well-Known Member

When you extract the initial zip, two folders come up "ics icons" and "us_epad_user" both are unzipped. i haven't received the ics update OTA, so i tried this and it still hasn't worked.
  11. Herodroid

What version are you downloading?

I downloaded US_epaduser9_2_1_11UpdateLauncher. When you extract initial zip there is only one file, zip (US_epad-user-9.2.1.11).
    atlbravesfalcs7 likes this.
  12. atlbravesfalcs7

maybe it extracts differently on a mac. im not sure. but i put all the files that were extracted on the SD card on my transformer and it still didn't work. it's ridiculous that i haven't received the OTA update yet.
  13. Podivin

Forgive me for bringing up the obvious, but have you done a 'check for updates' on your tablet?
    atlbravesfalcs7 likes this.
  14. atlbravesfalcs7

yeah i did. i also did the cm and dm client "clear data and force close". ive basically tried everything.
  15. atlbravesfalcs7

got it. i was extracting the file to the internal storage and not the sd card. idk what i was thinking lol.

thanks for the help though guys.
  16. superstretch

superstretch Well-Known Member

I was about 2 seconds from doing this (since my TF still hadn't got notification), then saw that there was a nice custom ROM that was based on 4.0.3. FWIW, it was easier and faster to install xD