• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Asus ZenWatch Texting Problem

Wow, I must be the first one with a Zen Watch problem... or at least the first one with a Zen Watch... lucky me. Also, first time poster, so I hope I'm doing this right!

The issue I have occurs when I try to send a text message from my watch. When I do, I use voice to select a recipient as I would with Android Wear on any other device. While it looks like the message is sent from my phone (i.e it shows up in my message history with the selected recipient), the person never actually receives it. When I click on "Message Info" in the conversation history, it looks like the watch is adding "01" to the beginning of the phone number. The only thing I can think of is that this additional "Country Code" is screwing up the text.

I'm using a brand new S5, and it occurs in the stock messaging app, the Verizon messaging app, and Google Hang Outs. Any one have any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones