At my wits end with non-Syncing phone.

Last Updated:

1. Percinho

Percinho New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I'm trying to upgrade the ROM on my phone but for the life of me I cannot get the PC to properly recognise it.

I have a G2 Touch/HTC Hero running firmware version 1.5. I have carried out a factory reset on it and installed HTC Sync on my Windows Vista PC. Neither sync nor the upgrade process seem to be able to find the phone. I am however able to mount and unmount the SD card so there is definitely some connectivity. After I instaleld HTC sync it seemed to install drivers, including something called My HTC.

When I connect the phone via the USB cable the HTC Sync icon appears in the top left ocrner, and I can drag down then click on it to start a sync, however it says it's unable to find HTC sync on my PC. I have uninstalled and re-installed HTC Sync on the PC to no avail. Snc on the PC shows itself to be 'disconnected'.

I am trying to install the ROM that's listed here:

HTC Hero - ROM upgrade for HTC Hero (T-Mobile G2 )

I tick all the appropriate boxes and get to the point where it says 'Verifying info on your android phone. Please wait' but then it returns a [170] USB Connection Error which says it cannot connect to my phone.

I've read numerous other similar threads and tried various solutions, but nothing has worked so far. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: USB-debugging is turned on.

Advertisement
  2. SchOX

SchOX Active Member

Is USB-debuging turned on?

3. Percinho

Percinho New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, yep, I turned debugging on after the fectory reset.

4. chrish

chrish Member

Well - I'm trying to Sync my Hero too but I'm not even getting the sync icon in the task bar. I'll keep watching this thread - hopefully someone will be able to give us all some useful advice to make some progress.

Sync opens on my PC but when I hover over it in the system tray it's disconnected

(Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread Percinho)

Chris