• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help At my wits end!!!!

Ok... so this is my problem...

I have a galaxy s3, for which im using the tmobile byop service. I was using it for a while, andit was working just fine save for mms. All of a sudden one day a few months ago, my data stopped working. Ive called straight talk, and done their phone trouble shooting over a dozen times, to no prevail. Ive put my sisters sim in, who uses t mobile, and both her apn, and my straight talk apn works with her tmo sim... but when I put mine in, and use the wap.tracfone apn, the 4g disappears, and I get no access to mobile networks error message when I try to access the web. Ive replaced the sim card, ive changed my number, and ive rooted my phone, still to no prevail. Im seriously about to give up, and I have no idea what the problem is... just to post, my apn settings are...

Apn: wap.tracfone
Port:8080
Mms port:8080

... please help?

The carrier for my phone is tmobile, and my sim is from straight talk. Im using their byop service to use my s3 for straight talk service... the weird thing is if I change the apn to anything other than wap.tracfone the 4g icon pops back up, but I still do t have ne data. But the second I make the apn set to wap.tracfone, the 4g disappears and I get the error no signal found for mobile networks when im trying to access the internet

Also, ive tried putting my sim into my old tmobile Samsung Exhibit II, and creating the apn, and it did the same thing, so i really dont think its my s3

Upvote 0
attachment.php

attachment.php

The part that got cut off up top is the name of the apn. Which i just name ST

Attachments

• rsz_screenshot_2013-08-04-21-21-23.png
    rsz_screenshot_2013-08-04-21-21-23.png
    56 KB · Views: 114
  • rsz_screenshot_2013-08-04-21-21-37.png
    rsz_screenshot_2013-08-04-21-21-37.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones