AT&T Android phones coming soon?

Last Updated:

1. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm as I'm deciding whether or not to get the iphone 4, and I'm wondering if any exciting Android phones will come to the AT&T 3G network. I'm planning on staying with AT&T as I'm grandfathered into the unlimited data plan and I do like their coverage and being able to use voice/data simultaneously.

Advertisement
  2. mkeath

mkeath Well-Known Member

There are Android phones "coming". There was a video that AT&T released yesterday where there were a lot of cameos of a certain HTC phone.

YouTube - Android Device Testing at AT&T Labs

How exciting these phones will be is yet to be determined. If rumors are true, the aforementioned phone will have about a 3.1" low resolution screen. If you see yourself happy with the iPhone 4, go ahead and get it. I wouldn't wait up for AT&T to jump in with Android. It's been like watching an overly cautious child sticking their foot in the water for 5 minutes and then slowly getting in the pool by using the steps.

3. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not exciting at all lol. I would love to see a high resolution device, quality build, 1080p video recording, hdmi output. Anything like this coming to verizon, thats a carrier I wouldnt mind making a switch back to.

4. mkeath

mkeath Well-Known Member

Yes, actually. Google the Motorola Droid X/Xtreme and the Motorola Droid 2.