AT&T Atrix in the UK

1. hotweldfire

hotweldfire Member

Hi All,

I've seen a number of ebay sellers and a couple of online UK retailers selling new unlocked Atrix phones for between

Advertisement
    :
  2. coe62

coe62 New Member

Did you take the plunge and buy one ??
    I'm in the same boat - considering.
    Anyone out there with a view
  3. hotweldfire

hotweldfire Member

Nah, waiting for someone else to take the plunge first;)

May go for one in a couple of months. If it's an AT&T one will let you know how I get on.

Obviously advice from anyone else would be great.
  4. puritos

puritos New Member

I have an AT&T Atrix that I use in the US. This summer I traveled to Spain for a month and I bought a no contract SIM card from a Spanish carrier.

I have had no trouble with it. Although getting it to work at first took a while because changing the SIM card requires that you login to your motoblur account (which I had forgotten) before you have access to the rest of the OS. For this it requires internet access, I had to connect to a wifi network with the old card, then switch cards, then log in to motoblur.

I don't use any of the motoblur acount features (social apps, I presume) so I don't know if they work out of the US. As far as I know ATT does not have any other apps in the phone that you would want to use.
  5. LFC958

LFC958 Member

I have purchased a Sim free / unlocked Atrix 4g, from a uk website, & paid only
  6. hotweldfire

hotweldfire Member

I ended up getting a T-Mobile one in the end as they made me an upgrade offer I couldn't refuse (despite having to sign away 2 years of my life). Have been cursing myself since then as not been that impressed with the phone. But this week's gingerbread update has done wonders for the thing.