• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Austin, TX Download Speeds getting faster?

Did AT&T in Austin, TX just turn on their LTE that's supposed to be in place in November?

Just asking because either my new ROM/Kernel combo rocks, or LTE just got turned on and is bleeding into the 3G network.
Because I'm pulling consistent 6Mbps down, all the way up to an 8.8 Mbps down. This is with 3G displayed in the notification bar.

I've never gotten more than 5.3 before tonight. With various ROM/Kernel/Modems.

I wonder if the infuse will say 4g instead of the H+ when they finally upgrade?

It is not LTE compatible, but when most devices are running on that, LTE will slow of course and and HPSA+ in the areas with LTE will be very fast because of just a few on it. So yes, sorta, speeds will increase but it will not run on LTE. Oh and it will not say 4g ha thats only LTE devices, look on google for the GS2 Skyrocket, which is a beast phone haha.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones