[AT&T] best AOSP-based ROM? (stable)

Last Updated:

1. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

As the title says. As I sit and twiddle my thumbs waiting for 4.1 JB to be released to us poor peasants that had to get a AT&T locked version, I am considering more and more rooting and jumping ship to a AOSP-based ROM. What are the best ones out there? are they stable?

keep in mind i'm mostly trying to get feelers out there: I don't have time to reset my phone right now, much less root and flash a new ROM. But i'm still curious. The only one I've really heard about is cm and it's still nightly builds for my phone (which is apparently code-named evita) so I'm curious what other AOSP builds out there there are and if they run better/improve battery life (which is what i'm really looking for)

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I'm not sure about the evita, but I found AOKP more stable than CM on my Tegra 3 version.

Because the Cyanogen guys allow their code to be used by others, there are a lot of tweaked versions out there that contain fixes the official versions don't.

For the most part though, outside of few minor niggles, both CM10 & AOKP were fine as Daily Drivers. Once they reach Release Candidate Status/they're based on a proper JellyBean kernel, I'll probably go back. I only switched back to Sense/ICS because battery life and the camera were much better.

I've said it before, I'm very pro root so I'd definitely recommend going for it and giving it a whirl at some point.
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

ive run official cm10 on my evita,i had no issues with it. only downside is you lose alot of the fancy camera function and settings.

just make a backup,and flash away- its easy enuff to change roms,give a few different ones a shot :cool: