• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Bloatware is Removable (no Root)

crea78

Jan 21, 2011
Flixter over at XDA forums has successfully removed all the AT&T bloatware without even rooting the Atrix.

"I have successfully removed everything that At&t added to the phone including At&t Barcode Scanner, NFS Shift demo and Blockbuster, Etc. No root was needed for this. Hope this makes everyone happy." The only thing that wasn't removed is the DLNA app which can be useful to those with compatible TV sets.

At&t Bloatware is Removable - xda-developers

I loved reading this part:

"I actually took a couple of seconds to look at it just now just to compare it to the iPhone 4 and the Epic 4G and to all honesty I love this one better. It actually looks very nice and crystal clear. Very crisp image."

I am switching from Captivate and the screen is something I worry about. Can't wait to do my own side by side tomorrow with Atrix and Captivate.

John

Upvote 0
I have the Atrix 4G. After I rooted the phone, I use ES File Explorer (versions 1.6.x.x) and activate root access and mount /system as read-write (rw). I go into the /system and then app or any other folder desired, and rename or movie anything there.You can find that app in the android market under "file manager" or "file explorer".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones