[AT&T] Brand New Galaxy S3 freezing on Samsung during boot.

Last Updated:

1. PandaTyr

PandaTyr New Member

Alright, I got my first Android phone last saturday when my iPhone finally quit on me completely. I'd been wanting to for a while because I was getting tired of Apple. As such, I got my self the Samsung Galaxy S3. It was great, amazing, and has a stunning display. Hours later, it randomly restarts on me without me doing anything to it, and as its booting up, freezes on the Samsung logo after the ATT rethink possible crap. Wouldn't let me do anything at this point. I'd restart it, pull the battery out, etc, and wouldn't go past that Samsung logo, so I looked on line for how to do a factory reset, did it, it worked, everything was fine...till a couple days later where it did it again. This time I said screw it, waited till the nest day when the ATT place I got it from was opened, got it replaced with a another new one, and again, was working perfectly. This was Wednesday, it is not Friday, 2330.

Here's where I'm getting pissed.

As I'm driving back to my place from my families house, I lock my phone ater setting Pandora to a station I want to listen to, then I hit lock again to unlock it because I needed to check something, but when I do, this brand new Galaxy S3 does what the first one did, restarts and won't boot past the Samsung logo, so once again I reset it. This is about 2045-2050. I deal with it, get home, set all my prefenece and settings again, contacts, apps, etc. I come into to work, its just fine, then once again, about an hour ago, not even 2 hours after the first time, it restarts and freezes.

I've contacted Samsung, and their rep was a completely useless ********. So, now I'm here on this forum asking if anyone may be able to help me understand whats happening, and why its happened to 2 brand new Galaxy S3's in a row in less than a week. If I can't understand why, I may go back to Apple, which I kinda don't want to do.

2. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

Any number of things can be happening. What apps have you installed? Do you have an External SD Card?