[AT&T] Can't root

Last Updated:

1. ababab

ababab New Member

Hi guys,
    I recently rooted my 4.4.2 i337m Vlufnc1 and started deleting stock apps. I flashed a stock rom after deleting one of the Samsung apps which killed my auto screen rotation, after which I needed to root it again. At first it did nothing (didn't root) so I reinstalled the stock rom again and tried to root it again and then the SU app finally appeared. I then stupidly killed my auto screen rotation again.
    This time before I reinstalled the rom I went to the SU app and uninstalled it from the options in hopes it will reinstall easier this time after reinstalling the rom.
    Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to root it anymore. I tried the reinstalling of both rom and root a few more times but it just doesn't want to root it anymore.
    I thought about maybe factory reseting it and trying to flash the stock and root one more time but I'm afraid to loose my data since it's backed up with Titanium backup and if it doesn't root then I won't be able to restore my backups.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

1) The backup should be on your external SD card, which should be out of the phone when you're doing all this, so you won't lose the backup. (If it's not, find it and copy it to the external SD card, then unmount the card and remove it,

2) It's not rooted now, so you can't run Titanium, so you have nothing to lose.

3) If you don't care about the apps' data, just the apps themselves, you can back them up with an app like App Backup and Restore. It doesn't need root to back up or restore.

4) Maybe you should learn how to root an Android phone, instead of depending on a program to do it. Then you can root the phone any time you want, as long as you can find an exploit for the phone you're rooting. (And there evidently is at least one for the S4, or it couldn't be rooted.) There are plenty of tutorials on the web, if you search. Maybe even one for the S4 that has a link to an exploit file you can use.