[AT&T] Can't turn on mobile hotspot?

Last Updated:

1. bennylava

bennylava Well-Known Member

Hi all. I can't seem to make my Samsung Galaxy S3 turn into a mobile hotspot. The phone is rooted. When go to turn it on, it waits for a few seconds, then gives an error message. Which is:

Unfortunately, settings has stopped.

And that's all you get. You have to click ok, and the windows closes. Wifi hotspot is left off. My carrier is AT&T. My android version is 4.1.1 What exactly is going on here?

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Just popping in here to say hello and I removed your duplicate thread in the general S3 forums:)

Also to inquire about what rom are you on? And if you are still on the stock rom, did the hotspot work before root?
    Perhaps boot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot, and try it again?
  3. bennylava

Yes I am still on the stock ROM. I don't want to do anything that would erase all my data and personal settings. Is this feature locked out by default by AT&T?
  4. bennylava

I'd like to go ahead and BUMP for last question.
  5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

The hotspot feature locked out by AT&T? I wouldn't think so if you are still on the stock rom and all you did was root.
    Wiping the cache and dalvik cache will not wipe any of your data, so no worries there.
    Sometimes doing that will help with things that act wonky.
    Not sure if it will help in this case, but it's worth a try:)