• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[AT&T] Changing Status bar w/ ViperXL?

GuitarG20

Clueless Senior Member
Jun 23, 2012
Texas
Hey ya'll,

So I'm trying to flatten out my status bar in ViperXL 2.3.6. I would really like to make it a flat dark color like in AOSP android 4.1.

Does anyone know of a way to change this without editing my wallpaper and adding a black bar at the top and making my status bar transparent? That's an option that I have heard. Venom tweaks gives me the option to do this, but not to flatten out the status bar. I haven't seen it in any sense 4+ themes either (some sense 4.0 themes used to have it)

If I do have to do that, does anyone know how many pixels tall the status bar is on sense? Someone said a hundred but that's definitely not correct.

I thought it was flat & dark in Venom? It was for the International Variant iirc. Have you tried messing about with Sense's inbuilt themes?

There might be a theme you can flash which will give the look you're after. I know there's similar themes for ARHD. Gimme 2 secs, I'll see what I can find.

It's dark but it has the sense gradient. None of the themes I've installed through venom have been flat. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hmmm, I'm looking at some of the themes just now and it looks as though they all have the gradient. :(

Fwiw, I totally sympathise, and I've been there before. It's not a major thing, but if it's the only element of your setup you can't get looking the way you want it to, it's infuriating.

Yup that's exactly the problem lol. I think I'll just keep working on my background (the one I like the most) until I get it so that the black bar is the same as the status bar and just roll with that. I think I'm pretty close as of right now so. lol.

It's funny, I went from starting over with sense when I got onto venomXL to being back wanting the stock android look.

Upvote 0
It's funny, I went from starting over with sense when I got onto venomXL to being back wanting the stock android look.

I go through phases with Sense.

I use it for any length of time and I hate it, but I'll get the Sense bug every now and then and decide to give it another go.

I picked up a Nexus 4 a couple of weeks back, it's stock Android and I love it. However, I gave Mrs Presidente my One X and I must confess that on occasion, I'll pick up her handset out of habit and think "I wish my phone could look like that" :p

More often than not, I prefer stock though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones