[AT&T] Cm update

Last Updated: 2014-03-14 17:30:57
  1. milksnatcher

milksnatcher Member

I installed cm 10.2 the other day on my att HTC one. When cm 11 becomes stable, is there any way I can get it without having to wipe my phone again?

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

You should always do a full wipe for a major version change. There's no guarantee that everything will remain the same, so the new version may very well hard crash, requiring a recovery wipe and you'll be doing exactly what you're trying to avoid doing.
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. milksnatcher

milksnatcher Member

So, if I wanted cyanogenmod 11, would I have to root?
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

If you're unlocked/s off and have a recovery installed,you just need to make a backup,wipe,and flash the rom :)
  5. dibblebill

dibblebill Well-Known Member

You don't even need S-Off.
  6. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

changing from CM 10.2 to CM 11 would only require a wipe/factory reset and flash of the current rom
  7. dibblebill

Shouldn't even need to factory reset from 10.2 to 11
  8. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

If you chose to "dirty flash" make sure you don't blame any bugs or prollems you have on the rom. While 4.3 is similar to 4.4 a full wipe is recomended to make the jump from 10.2 to 11.

No harm in trying it,but be prepaired to full wipe and reflash if things don't work quite right.
  9. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

As @Rukbat stated above, with any major version change, you should do a full wipe/factory reset. Dirty flashing KitKat on top of Jellybean is not recommended.
  10. dibblebill

Just stating from personal experience. If course, you're right. "It worked for me" doesn't mean that it will work for you or the next guy
  11. infotiger

infotiger Active Member

Use titanium back up. Then do a full wipe.