1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

[AT&T] Create OTA updated recovery image

Last Updated:

1. mirekti

mirekti Member

Hi all,

I tried looking for this topic but google returned no success.
    I had rooted 1X and than returned back to the stock ROM. Once I got back I received couple of OTA updates. Now I wonder is there a way to do the recovery image of current ROM in my 1X so once I put a custom ROM don't have to look for initially installed ROM and do OTA again?

Advertisement
  2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

if im understanding this correctly,you were unlocked and rooted. now you wish to install a recovery and make a nandroid backup.

when you went back to the stock rom,did you relock? if not,then you just need to install or temporarily boot a recovery,and make a backup.

if your NOW RELOCKED,what firmware are you on?

if youre on 2.20.052.7,then you need to have unlocked and superCIDed pn something older(1.85 or older).

if youre superCIDed and have your original unlock_code.bin,you can just boot to fastboot and reflash it,and re-unlock your bootloader,then install/boot recovery. be aware that unlocking will wipe your personal data.

if you dont have your original unlock_code.bin,i *think* htcdev will still work as long as you superCIDed earlier(wich was a prerequisite for htcdev ulocking),so you can try going to htcdev.com and starting the process over.

im new to this device,but i hope that helps :)